Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Maybe try Loki Kirin K3, has ayous top with inner soft carbon, its really cheap with great Performance & looks! Kirin K2 Also has ayous top, its light and pretty good all+. Kirin K1 its the cheapest AND also has ayous with inner soft carbon (second layer poplar) finish & materials felt a Tiny bit cheaper but the 2 i tested performed really good, even More so for the price!
Thank you, I'll look for it. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get V7-RS when it was on 75% discount because I was yet know just how good Loki's blade quality and build. Turns out, it's great and unfortunately, there's no discount anymore.
Let's say Loki or any other bargain brand has the exact specs as the W968 and uses the same woods, same ALC, and in the same thicknesses to create a clone. What would make you think that it wouldn't perform the same as a W968?
Your brain/ perception. Call it placebo or bias or whatever it's name in English. There's power in name/ brand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
@lodro @TensorBackhand

Here's my understanding of aramid, arylate, kevlar, ALC, etc:

Aramid fibers = Kevlar (Para-aramid made by Dupont)
Liquid-crystal polymer fibers (LCP) = Vectran (made by Kuraray), Arylate (marketing by Butterfly)
Aramid fiber + carbon fiber = CarboKev (marketing by Yinhe), Para-aramid carbon (Sanwei using the proper terminology)
LCP (a.k.a Vectran and arylate) + carbon fiber = ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
@lodro @TensorBackhand

Here's my understanding of aramid, arylate, kevlar, ALC, etc:

Aramid fibers = Kevlar (Para-aramid made by Dupont)
Liquid-crystal polymer fibers (LCP) = Vectran (made by Kuraray), Arylate (marketing by Butterfly)
Aramid fiber + carbon fiber = CarboKev (marketing by Yinhe), Para-aramid carbon (Sanwei using the proper terminology)
LCP (a.k.a Vectran and arylate) + carbon fiber = ALC
Cool man

Reactions: damszelfly