New Equipment 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
yep
Japanese companies actually have a habit of listing the variance, and some times don't even put an exact size, it would be a range.
so, if any one really knows equipment very well, this isn't lame at all.
unless, we are talking about CNT level players where 0.05mm matters (2.05mm vs 2.1mm)

in fact, for boosting, one less than the "max" is preferred (okay, I have said too much haha)
Well we all know which USATT team member messed up in the recent team championship by boosting too much and not monitoring his overall thickness to get below the 4.0mm cut off.

Agree. Some players should not boost anything thicker than 2.0mm sponge apparently...lol :) :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Also, is there a reason why Telson costs $10 more than the Arthur series?
Thats just the first listing from a store i saw...wasnt regular price for Arthur series between $23 & $35? I know there was some discounts around $15 or even less but i dont think that should be regular price...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
because that is the main seller in Taiwan and Japan in the semi pro space.
especially with Fastarc series
majority seems to prefer super thick (2.0) and these are all 2200+ ~2600+ players

amateurs should be using 2.0 too imo
they should discount the rubbers with thinner sponges xD.
I can't make use of the 2.0 > 2.2/2.3 sponge thickness on backhand. It's just more added weight.

This user has no status.
Apparently Yasaka has released new versions of both the Shining Dragon AND Rising Dragon rubbers. On the surface, both look more like marginal improvements instead of radical rehauls of the rubber

== Stats for Rising Dragon 2 ==
Sponge Hardness: 47~52°
Spin: -14
Speed: 10
Control: 9+

== Stats for Shining Dragon 2 ==
Sponge Hardness: 45~50°
Spin: -14
Speed: -10
Control: 10+

When compared to the original versions:

== Shining Dragon 1 ==
Sponge Hardness: 45~50°
Spin: 13+
Speed: 10
Control: 10

== Rising Dragon 1 ==
Sponge Hardness: 47~52°
Spin: 13+
Speed: 10+
Control: 9

Based on the descriptions, I get the feeling:

- the rising dragon 2 has been made a little softer than the original for better spin & control,

- the shining dragon two has gone slightly harder than the original for a better turn of speed.

Interestingly, apparently both rubbers also seem to have all-new top sheets, and both seem to boast better spin & speed as a result.

...Think I hear a shiny new dragon calling my name 😁 Bloody itching to try one now ( being an EJ really sucks sometimes).

Links:
- https://www.nishohi.com/au/table-tennis/rubber/yasaka-rising-dragon-2

- https://www.nishohi.com/au/table-tennis/rubber/yasaka-shining-dragon-2

• Wow
Reactions: Spartan-727