Rakza 7 Soft Alternatives

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have refereed many (probably more than 20) to Xiom Vega Euro
Agree with Xiom Vega Europe.

I think Xiom Vega Asia/Japan is a bit stiffer but still close enough.

Nittaku equivalent is Fastarc C-1 for sure.

I have used mainly Rakza 7 soft and Fastarc C-1 interchangeably on my backhand for half a year already.

Tibhar equivalent? FX-P probably. I have not used Tibhar Aurus soft (I have the Tibhar Aurus regular) but that rubber sounds like Rakza 7 soft equivalent from what people say about it. Plus Tibhar Aurus is a bit harder than Rakza 7 soft.

I think a lot of people rely too much on ratings. For example, what hardness is the sponge on the ESN scale? However, the top sheet of each rubber could be hard or soft. You need to have the overall feel.

Another example, I find the Tibhar revolution series to be very good. There is a reason why people used to call them Tenergy replacements. Tibhar evolutions series have very good catapult effects. So even at the same degree of hardness, the ball maybe bounce off FX-P or EL-P much faster than, say, Rakza 7 soft, Barracuda, C-1, etc.

Therefore people can debate it all they want. You still need to try a rubber to see if that rubber fits with your play.

For example, recently I opened a sheet of EL-P and I love it so far. I kept on reading reviews that it is not the best anymore. It's top sheet is softer than EL-S or EL-D. EL-P is now out of date, etc. etc. Whatever. I don't care. It plays well on my backhand right now and I can initiate a top spin rally by using EL-P. So why do I want the top sheet to be hard like EL-S or EL-D?

Everyone needs to come to his or her own conclusion in regard to their equipment.

Now, my task is wear down various rackets that have Barracuda, Rakza 7 soft, Xiom Vega Japan, etc. on the backhand side so I don't end up wasting those sheets....

Reactions: latej
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
Just wanted to know some similar rubbers to Rakza 7 Soft from other brands like xiom, nittaku, tibhar, etc.
Rant on coming, be advised:

Yasaka website placed Rakza 7 soft hardness as 3. I mean WTF is 3? Why not be a good team player and put a number that is meaningful and not arbitary like a stupid 3. What does 3 even mean? Does 3 correspond to ESN hardness 42? 45? How do we consumer even compare?

Reactions: Fnub
Rant on coming, be advised:

Yasaka website placed Rakza 7 soft hardness as 3. I mean WTF is 3? Why not be a good team player and put a number that is meaningful and not arbitary like a stupid 3. What does 3 even mean? Does 3 correspond to ESN hardness 42? 45? How do we consumer even compare?
It’s in relation to their other rubbers. It means it’s pretty soft, no brain surgery skills required to understand this. No different from other ratings really…
You just need to know 1 of their rubbers to get an idea… get it ???

Cheers
L-zr

• Angry
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
As mentioned above, an Andro Hexer Grip SFX is a very, very excellent soft rubber, though a little harder than the R7S. The Xiom Vega Europe mentioned by Tony is also an excellent choice as a softer rubber. But what you should definitely have a look at is the Gewo Hype XT Pro 40.0, just slightly harder than the Rakza 7 soft but an excellent FH rubber. A Nittaku Fastarc C1 also belongs here in the list but we have never had experience with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
. I have not used Tibhar Aurus soft (I have the Tibhar Aurus regular) but that rubber sounds like Rakza 7 soft equivalent from what people say about it. Plus Tibhar Aurus is a bit harder than Rakza 7 soft.
Aurus is about 47/48 deg and Aurus soft is around 45 deg as I understand it - they both play at about that hardness. So Aurus probably equates to R7 and Aurus soft is harder than R7 soft (which to me feels very soft)

Mar 2021
It’s in relation to their other rubbers. It means it’s pretty soft, no brain surgery skills required to understand this. No different from other ratings really…

Cheers
L-zr

Imperial versus metric. It is fine and dandy if you are in your little Yasaka micro-universe. But EJ'ers are not confined to a little pond, no serrie!

All I am saying would it be too much to have a standardized measure?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Cheers
L-zr
thats silly
so if you don't know one of their rubbers, then what exactly?

I'm a yasaka seller and I open up about how unhelpful those ratings are.
how helping is it to just say "know one to know the others" for new clients?

btw, with someone selling yasaka for over 12 years
those "numbers", has become larger and larger, especially on the blade part

thats silly
so if you don't know one of their rubbers, then what exactly?

I'm a yasaka seller and I open up about how unhelpful those ratings are.
how helping is it to just say "know one to know the others" for new clients?

btw, with someone selling yasaka for over 12 years
those "numbers", has become larger and larger, especially on the blade part
Ha…
Where others state the sponge hardness without telling the scale… And more important without mentioning the topsheet…

One good example is Hammond Z2 which according to the stated hardness should be really hard nut in fact is oerceived soft…

In my experience Yasaka states the relative perceived hardness….
I know now that Yasaka 5 is good for my FH and 4 for my BH.

That said I don’t play with Yasaka I
play with H3 which by experimenting find 39 good for my FH… and Bluegrip S2 on BH which is a little bit less than a Yasaka 4 but still good for me… I do like Rakza Z for FH and Rakza 7 for BH but they are not my first choice…

No you can not tell ANY perceived hardness better by just the sponge hardness it will give a hint, just as the Yasaka hardness number.

Cheers
L-zr