Timo Boll vs Truls Moregardh | FINAL | German Cup 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Great match. Truls is of course more athletic at this point but Timo is still excellent too at 41. Last season he was,struggling a bit with injuries but the last 2 months or so he has been in great shape again considering his age getting wins against lin Yun ju and lin gaoyuan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Amazing match and kudos to both players. Close match as well, Ttill amazed that Timo can play at this level and long may it continue.

its crazy. Timo is definitely slower than Truls and doesn't hit the ball as hard, but he wins points on having amazing technique and tactics.

That what makes this such an amazing sport!!! There's so many different ways to win a point!!! I'm 56 and you never stop learning!! But you can play and match your skills with younger opponents and still come out on top,just wish I hadn't waited till my late 30's to start playing Table tennis,now i couldn't imagine life without table tennis!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

That what makes this such an amazing sport!!! There's so many different ways to win a point!!! I'm 56 and you never stop learning!! But you can play and match your skills with younger opponents and still come out on top,just wish I hadn't waited till my late 30's to start playing Table tennis,now i couldn't imagine life without table tennis!!!

It really is amazing. It's the only sport I can think of where pure athleticism as not even a top 3 factor in overall success. I picked the sport up again when I was 32. Wish i would have started playing again much sooner!

Reactions: Draycott old man

It really is amazing. It's the only sport I can think of where pure athleticism as not even a top 3 factor in overall success. I picked the sport up again when I was 32. Wish i would have started playing again much sooner!

I believe a lot of people take up Table tennis later on in life as we did !! There's so many ways to play!! The great thing is it doesn't matter which way you choose to play as long as you enjoy it!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Timo is unique. I can watch him play every day and twice on Sundays.
Timo is such a cognitive player. You can clearly see his table tennis IQ every time. He plays so smart and adapts to every style. He exploits weaknesses with tactics. Truls is great but 1-dimensional.

Truls with his extremely rare and creative playstyle is 1-dimensional? Can you elaborate what you mean?