Who Earned The Most Money? WTT | 2022

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
mama don't let your babies grow up to be TT pros.

The video explains why there aren't many if any TT pros in the US. Anybody with skill will play a different sport that pays much more. Even golf :(

I never understand why golf attracts so many views and money. It's such a slow sport with only intellect, but no passion or energy.

Sorry, no offence for those golf lovers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Don't forget there are leagues. Players earn money there, too

Assuming that’s in USD, $157K is pretty low for the top athlete in a sport. My friend who runs a business without any qualifications can out earn that.

But I am sure FZD gets sponsorship from some TT brands.

Monies coming in:
League earnings - ie FZD gets more from the Chinese Super League in a couple of weeks than WTT for the whole year
Additional sponsorship deals - ie Lin gets monies from all those companies on his shirt
Royalty deals - All those expensive Butterfly or DHS blades, well, you funding your favorite pros income too.

additional earnings: other endorsement deals (advertising, commercial etc)

Normally for high level players in tier 1 countries, the costs of playing on the WTT and ITTF circuit is cost free (the national federation etc will cover the costs, including but not limited to traveling, coaching, practice partners, medical staff that goes on tour too etc).
So any income would be purely Nett Income.

For many national "heros", the endorsement deals are worth more than all TT playing incomes + prize monies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Table Tennis, post: 396832, member: 13445"]
Normally for high level players in tier 1 countries, the costs of playing on the WTT and ITTF circuit is cost free (the national federation etc will cover the costs, including but not limited to traveling, coaching, practice partners, medical staff that goes on tour too etc).
So any income would be purely Nett Income.

For many national "heros", the endorsement deals are worth more than all TT playing incomes + prize monies.
[/QUOTE]
That doesn't happen in the US as far as I can tell.
In the US there are other pursuits that pay better.

Just curious, where does all the subsidy money come from in those tier 1 countries? I can see the pros getting paid for league play when a few hundred people watch a match between teams but I would think that the compensation and subsidies would be paid for by the team like football or baseball teams in the US.