Butterfly Garaydia zlc or Viscaria super ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hi all,
Happy new year 2023 to all..

I was playing with hurricane long 5 till last week when it got damaged. On fh I was using hurricane Neo 3 boosted commercial one and bh was coppa gold. I'm an advanced beginner mainly trying to rely on fh topspin and bh counters. I have earlier played with Donic black devil around 10 years ago before making a comeback. That ply is still with me but never liked it's feel.

Shall i shift to Viscaria super ALC or garaydia zlc.. I have tried the Viscaria of my coach but didn't like it. May be give it another try.

Tia.

​​​

​​

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you are not a quite advanced player, you would probably be better off with a simple blade like a Korbel, a Stratus Power Wood, or an Offensive S.

The blades you seem to be looking at are quite expensive, but they are also way faster than someone who is lower level than Semi-Pro should use. And very few Semi-Pro or Pro players use blades as fast as Garaydia ZLC or Viscaria SZLC. What do you feel those would give you that a Petr Korbel blade would not?

Do you have any footage of you playing? It would actually be much easier to recommend equipment if we saw how you play.

But.....if you have a coach, he may be able to tell you what equipment he thinks would be good for you.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Hi all,
Happy new year 2023 to all..

I was playing with hurricane long 5 till last week when it got damaged. On fh I was using hurricane Neo 3 boosted commercial one and bh was coppa gold. I'm an advanced beginner mainly trying to rely on fh topspin and bh counters. I have earlier played with Donic black devil around 10 years ago before making a comeback. That ply is still with me but never liked it's feel.

Shall i shift to Viscaria super ALC or garaydia zlc.. I have tried the Viscaria of my coach but didn't like it. May be give it another try.

Tia.

​​​

​​

Why not get another HL5? Both alternatives you listed have a very different feel compared to HL5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
If you are not a quite advanced player, you would probably be better off with a simple blade like a Korbel, a Stratus Power Wood, or an Offensive S.

The blades you seem to be looking at are quite expensive, but they are also way faster than someone who is lower level than Semi-Pro should use. And very few Semi-Pro or Pro players use blades as fast as Garaydia ZLC or Viscaria SZLC. What do you feel those would give you that a Petr Korbel blade would not?

Do you have any footage of you playing? It would actually be much easier to recommend equipment if we saw how you play.

But.....if you have a coach, he may be able to tell you what equipment he thinks would be good for you.

Haven't pulled the trigger on those two and most likely won't after having good advice.

I liked the HL5 and may be stick with it. My fh significantly improved after using it.
​​​​​​Bh needed more control. It may be my technique or to some part the rubber coppa gold.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Haven't pulled the trigger on those two and most likely won't after having good advice.

I liked the HL5 and may be stick with it. My fh significantly improved after using it.
​​​​​​Bh needed more control. It may be my technique or to some part the rubber coppa gold.

How badly did you damage your current HL5? Why don't you make a couple of more posts so you can post photos of the blade. If it is not too badly damaged, or if the damage is near the edge, you may not need a new blade. You mostly hit with the center of the blade face. So, damage to the edge is not something to worry about.

I am one of the moderators of the forum. If you do a few throw away posts in this thread so you can post photos, people on the forum will understand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Stick with the HL5. For me at least it has better control than the Garaydia ZLC and other outer ALC blades especially for short games . If you are doing counters with your backhand, you may find a harder rubber of at least 47 degrees ESN scale would be more suitable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Stick with the HL5. For me at least it has better control than the Garaydia ZLC and other outer ALC blades especially for short games . If you are doing counters with your backhand, you may find a harder rubber of at least 47 degrees ESN scale would be more suitable.

So, something like Rasanter r47 will be a better choice for bh...
I have ordered another hl5. Meanwhile, playing with a chipped Stiga offensive oversized ply till hl5 arrives.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
How badly did you damage your current HL5? Why don't you make a couple of more posts so you can post photos of the blade. If it is not too badly damaged, or if the damage is near the edge, you may not need a new blade. You mostly hit with the center of the blade face. So, damage to the edge is not something to worry about.

I am one of the moderators of the forum. If you do a few throw away posts in this thread so you can post photos, people on the forum will understand.

I ordered a HL5 and a nittaku acoustic.
I'm currently playing with nittaku acoustic and have kept other rackets till I develop my game enough to shift to those. I do love the carbon ones but not at the moment after a gap of 14 years.
Using a hurricane Neo 3 commercial fh and xiom omega vii Europe in bh. Happy with it. I do feel some vibrations but that's ok.

Attachments

• IMG_20230305_174635.jpg
    IMG_20230305_174635.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20230305_174618.jpg
    IMG_20230305_174618.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The commercial HL5 has very similar characteristics as a 5-ply wood blade, except being faster. It'd probably be an easy transition between that and the Acoustic. You probably didn't have too much trouble switching to the Acoustic and now switching back. Viscaria would feel very different, let alone Viscaria SALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I ordered a HL5 and a nittaku acoustic.
I'm currently playing with nittaku acoustic and have kept other rackets till I develop my game enough to shift to those. I do love the carbon ones but not at the moment after a gap of 14 years.
Using a hurricane Neo 3 commercial fh and xiom omega vii Europe in bh. Happy with it. I do feel some vibrations but that's ok.
The vibrations are part of the point, you need to use your technique to reduce them by hitting the ball better, more consistently in the sweet spot.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Bh needed more control. It may be my technique or to some part the rubber coppa gold.

I guess, adding information: if the HL5 is good for your FH but your BH is not good enough to control the setup and keep the ball on the table consistently, you would likely improve more by using the blade that helps your BH develop more strength and consistency while your FH still can use the blade to good effect.

In other words, I have a feeling the Korbel would be better for you if you want to improve your technique and get better than the HL5.

But it is still a choice.

Equipment that is easier to control and not as fast, makes you work harder for your shots and helps you improve your technique faster. Once the BH is more solid, the HL5 may be fine. But if it is fine for your FH but makes it so you cannot use your BH well or consistently because it is harder to keep the ball on the table, then, my priority would be to get the weaker wing stronger before going to the faster equipment.

Reactions: Doctor