Recommend the rubber or racket replacement for a beginner?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Hello! I'm a beginner and have played for about 6 months. I'm using premade Palio Legend 3.0. As the rubber's quite worn out, I'm considering what should be a reasonable replacement. I think I'll do OK with the current blade for some time as I'm still learning basic techniques and developing a style. In this case what rubbers do you recommend? If otherwise you think getting a more customized setup is more logical, then please advise some all-round options suitable to my level.

says Inner Carbon is King
says Inner Carbon is King
Jun 2023
Without knowing your true level or technique and stuff, I could only reccommend general beginner rubbers. If you are on a budget, 729 super fx is quite good for developing your technique, and is what all the people at my club use when they are beginners. If you have the money, Rakza 7 is a great beginners rubber, will help you build some fundamentals. You could stick with the same blade, but I think you should go for a 5 ply allwood blade. You could go for a butterfly Korbel, non butterfly alternatives would be Stiga Allround and Donic Allplay, both classics

Reactions: Sherpa
says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
If you wanna stay with the current blade and rubbers, you can just buy the rubbers. Your racket uses palio hadou 40+.
this is the best advice
replace the rubbers for the same. or just buy a new palio legend 3.0
as beginner, you gain the most when sticking to one setup. changing setup will take costly time to get used to the new setup.
anecdote: We have a very talented young person @ our club, who after 6 months is winning from players already 3 or 4 yearsof experience.. when you are (like) him, get something better

trust me ... I'm an experienced beginner ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Where’s the best place to get these suggested blades & rubbers outside of aliexpress? I’m trying to get some stuff for my coworkers and the stuff from China takes forever and/or isn’t legit. I don’t see too many blades under $30 on TT11, but they do carry a lot of 729 & cheap rubbers.