Difference between mx d, fx d and hybrid mk

This user has no status.
Hi

Do anyone know the difference between Tibhar evolution mX-D and fx-d? And how do they compare to the new Tibhar hybrid mk? I am currently playing with fx d on FH and mX-D on BH, on a stiga hybrid wood. But i am wondering if i should play with fx d on both sides or one fxd and one hybrid mk? Or should i stick with mX-D and fxd? I am ledning to hybrid mk and fxd but i am curious how they are compared to eachother.

I hope you have a good day!!

Last edited:
Yes, i have tried mX-D on FH and fxd on BH and they feel very similar. I feel like i have more control with fX-D.
Sadly i don't have any footage yet.
Sorry i was unclear in the first message, i want to know how the hybrid mk is compared to mX-D and fxd.
Thanks a lot!

You feel mxd and fxd very similar? One is very hard and one is very soft…
Mk hybrid has a medium hardness, softer than mxd and harder than fxd

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Yes, i have tried mX-D on FH and fxd on BH and they feel very similar. I feel like i have more control with fX-D.
Sadly i don't have any footage yet.
Sorry i was unclear in the first message, i want to know how the hybrid mk is compared to mX-D and fxd.
Thanks a lot!
If you think both play similar, then I think the equipment you play with is the least of your worries. It seems like you are not advanced enough to notice the very clear difference between these rubbers, so don't change them and invest in training instead of rubbers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you think both play similar, then I think the equipment you play with is the least of your worries. It seems like you are not advanced enough to notice the very clear difference between these rubbers, so don't change them and invest in training instead of rubbers.
Mostly agree. But if he is playing with the harder rubber on the BH side and he thinks he might be better off with the softer rubber on both sides, HE SHOULD USE THE SOFTER RUBBER ON BOTH SIDES.

Ditch the MXD and get FXD for the BH side so you have FXD on both sides.

Reactions: kindof99
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BTW: how did you end up with the harder rubber on the BH side?

BH is a much smaller, more compact stroke. Not everyone....but most people....benefit from a slightly softer rubber on BH because, with the smaller stroke, you usually end up with not as much force on impact. And to use a harder rubber effectively, you need more force on impact. So, it is fairly common for players to either use rubbers that are the same hardness on both sides or, to use a softer rubber on the BH side.

There are people who use or like harder rubber on BH. But it is rare that someone is doing that and it is actually useful to them.

I prefer a slightly harder rubber on backhand than forehand, but I wouldn't consider my backhand rubber (Dignics 05) to be a hard rubber. I guess it's medium in terms of hardness. I don't prefer super hard rubbers on either side. They aren't beneficial for me. On forehand I prefer something around the hardness of Tenergy 80, but I can also play well with Dignics 05/80 on the Forehand. I'm currently experimenting with EL-D on the Forehand.

This user has no status.
BTW: how did you end up with the harder rubber on the BH side?

BH is a much smaller, more compact stroke. Not everyone....but most people....benefit from a slightly softer rubber on BH because, with the smaller stroke, you usually end up with not as much force on impact. And to use a harder rubber effectively, you need more force on impact. So, it is fairly common for players to either use rubbers that are the same hardness on both sides or, to use a softer rubber on the BH side.

There are people who use or like harder rubber on BH. But it is rare that someone is doing that and it is actually useful to them.
I think its because i feel like i can do so much more with fx d and i mostly push and block with BH. So i play with fx d on fh to feel more confident.
Sorry that i didnt answer earlier and thanks a lot for the help! :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
You feel mxd and fxd very similar? One is very hard and one is very soft…
Mk hybrid has a medium hardness, softer than mxd and harder than fxd
That's according to Tibhar, but in these tests actually measuring the hardness from the top sheet side, things were the opposite (the thickness was the same):
FXD measured 33.5 shore A
MXD measured 29 shore A