Dignics on a Budget?! | Glayzer vs Glayzer 09C Review

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys! In this video we test the new Glayzer rubbers from Butterfly. Glayzer comes in two versions the Glayzer and Glayzer 09c. Now the price point of these rubbers is where it gets interesting as it’s close to half the price of the Dignics series, yet Glayzer uses the same top sheet technology as the Dignics series and also shares spring sponge x, with a softer sponge.

So lets find out what these Glayzer rubbers are all about!

I'm using Regular Glayzer max on my F.H I'm really happy with this rubber!!!! Great control!!! Top sheet is really grippy !!! Sponge is medium hard with enough speed to finish points!!! Think it's going to be durable as I've been using it for for 30 or more hours and it still looks new !!!! I believe this rubber will be a good fit for a lot of club players who like me were using to fast Rubbers for there level !!! I'm impressed so far good job Butterfly!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
They kept saying G09c is slow, but they rated it higher speed than Rakza Z. So I guess it can't be THAT bad right?
This just shows how unreliable this comparison table is. I have played the Rakza Z quite a while and the glayzer 09c i did have a few days with. The Glayzer 09c is nowhere near the flexibility of the Rakza Z nor the Spin. The spin might look "much", because of the arc, but that arc is just that high, because the Glayzer 09c is actually that slow (or rather have mediocre speed). T

hose two rubbers (Rakza Z and Glayzer 09c) dont play anything alike. The regular Glayzer is also a disappointment because to me it plays like a tamed version of a generic 47° sponge rubber with less high end speed, but too much catapult to make it any remarkable in the short game.

I actually gave my BTY ALC.S with one side Glayer 09c and the other side Rakza Z to my trainer. He has played on a national level and still plays in a league competition for fun (his rating being basically 200-300 points better than the ones he plays against in that league). He said that the Glayzer 09c is totally crap and the Rakza Z is slightly better, but not powerfull enough for him. He does play his old Viscaria with double T05 usually though.

Where i do see usecase for these rubbers though is having a rubber with a built-in pulled hand-brake for people that want to play fast blades and need to tame the blade with a slower more forgiving rubber.

Reactions: JeffM and Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Yeah, I’ve been loving my G-1 for a couple of years now, but if I can sacrifice a little speed, keep or increase the spin and get more control all at the same price…..
You wont:
If you go for the Glayzer you just have a less spinny less speedy more controlled rubber to give your little 10 year old newcomer.
If you go for the Glayzer 09c you have more spin than the Glayzer, but definitely less than the G-1 plus even less speed, so good look outspinning the opponent with that slow setup with todays balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Wow this really looks slow and unspinny even on video...
iirc (in this video or another) there was this verbal exchange "wow, when i block i dont need to adjust the angle that much blocking against the topspin" as if the Glayzer would erradicate the incoming topspin, but my explanation would be that the incoming ball (played with the Glayzer), does not have much spin in the first place, which makes it easier to not block it out of bounds.

This user has no status.
iirc (in this video or another) there was this verbal exchange "wow, when i block i dont need to adjust the angle that much blocking against the topspin" as if the Glayzer would erradicate the incoming topspin, but my explanation would be that the incoming ball (played with the Glayzer), does not have much spin in the first place, which makes it easier to not block it out of bounds.
Yes - it's quite obvious that the loops are simply not dipping as hard as it is when they're using something like Dignics 05 or 09c.

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I always shake my head when I see that H3's top end speed is 5.5 on that comparison table.
Well this is what confuses me. They rate H3 at 5.5 and G09c at 7. There are many people who use H3 unboosted.

So if G09c is faster, then it shouldn't be all that impossible to generate pace should it?

Anybody tested how G09c responds to booster? does the pace pick up?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hey guys! In this video we test the new Glayzer rubbers from Butterfly. Glayzer comes in two versions the Glayzer and Glayzer 09c. Now the price point of these rubbers is where it gets interesting as it’s close to half the price of the Dignics series, yet Glayzer uses the same top sheet technology as the Dignics series and also shares spring sponge x, with a softer sponge.

So lets find out what these Glayzer rubbers are all about!

Thanks for that lads.
I enjoyed watching the rallies, especially the long one with the inventive shots and parades, the one where Dan finally lands on hist butt 😁

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I think we should just admit it. No matter what they advertise about Dignics 09c, Rakza Z, Tibhar K3, Tenergy 05, etc. etc., nothing is as spinny as boosted H3 neo. There is a reason why the whole chinese team uses hurricane.
They use it because they are sponsored.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
They use it because they are sponsored.
No, they use it because it is very good. At the top level, they don't play equipment that will take down their levels of playing. For example, Fan Zhendong was known to use Viscaria with a Stiga handle because he was sponsored by Stiga. It was an open secret. I imagine if Stiga could produce a blade to his liking he would not have used a "Viscaria with Stiga handle."

Now we can argue that the Chinese team gets special ordered rubber from DHS that you simply cannot find on the market, meaning all the "national" H3 neo's on the market are fake. Yeah maybe we can argue that. But there is no denying that the whole chinese team use hurricane on their forehand side because that gives them the edge. Their forehand strokes really do well with hurricane in general.

Some Korean players have also switched to H3 on their forehand side.

I personally have not found T05 to be able to generate spin close to what H3 neo can generate. I tried and tried to engage the sponge but T05 simply does not produce the same amount of spin as hurricane. In other words, when it comes to spin, yes the tackiness in the top sheet matters greatly.

• Wow
Reactions: matzreenzi and IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
No, they use it because it is very good. At the top level, they don't play equipment that will take down their levels of playing. For example, Fan Zhendong was known to use Viscaria with a Stiga handle because he was sponsored by Stiga. It was an open secret. I imagine if Stiga could produce a blade to his liking he would not have used a "Viscaria with Stiga handle."

Now we can argue that the Chinese team gets special ordered rubber from DHS that you simply cannot find on the market, meaning all the "national" H3 neo's on the market are fake. Yeah maybe we can argue that. But there is no denying that the whole chinese team use hurricane on their forehand side because that gives them the edge. Their forehand strokes really do well with hurricane in general.

Some Korean players have also switched to H3 on their forehand side.

I personally have not found T05 to be able to generate spin close to what H3 neo can generate. I tried and tried to engage the sponge but T05 simply does not produce the same amount of spin as hurricane. In other words, when it comes to spin, yes the tackiness in the top sheet matters greatly.
Apparently the DHS sponsorship deal stipulates that at least one DHS rubber must be used (perhaps on FH). I'm not saying they would choose a different rubber, just that at present they don't have a choice as such.
Regarding BH rubbers, in the past T05 was used a lot on that wing by the CNT players.

Reactions: JeffM and JJ Ng