Disappointed with Stiga blades and rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Do shops or Stiga offer warranty for such delamination? I can't say I have read many shops or manufacturers brag about their warranty policy.

Brands are really good at false advertisement promising unbelievable spin and speed. Unique pimple geometry, more natural rubber for longevity, developed with pro players etc etc all sounds like horsepoop, and then you try the rubber all you feel nothing particularly new or unique. Or worst case it's not even any good.

I tried DNA Pro S on Carbonado 145 before and it was terrible. It was not spinny at all, and awww it felt like cancer. Thankfully one of my teammate bit the bullet by buying them. I think Stiga rubbers are a bit overpriced to begin with.

I haven't had such an issue with Stiga products to date (2016 till date).
Many years ago, I had a Xiom blade snap off by the head/handle.
The customer used it the "first evening" and is a customer I trust (I trusted him when he said, he didn't hit the table - rubbers was all fine).

I spoke to Xiom about it and they will replace it for me. So I replaced the blade with my customer too.
I sold a lot more Xiom blades then Stiga blades, and out of all the stock I sold, that 1 incident has been the only "possible" quality issue to date.

There is two sides to it
1) if the shops wants to do the customer service (they need to know the stock comes from them)
2) if the tt brand will do it (they need to trust the shop + know if the stock is fake or not)

Reactions: Zwill
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Since you have H3 in your signature,... Spend your money on coaching from the most knowledgeable H3 dude - Sergey Tsos.

For real, spend money on professional, effective assistance from a real coach who can articulate and develop you.

The ones who spend the thousands on real coaching progress in TT a LOT more.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Wow, in 3 days, this thread gets 40 replies, a thread on gee whiz, what rubber and blade should I use with the magic code words like Stiga and H3 in it...

... all the while, relevant player development threads, even written by TTD owner Dan himself get like 4 comments after a full week.

Weak.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
To be honest and agree with OP in his assessment of DNA rubbers... I tried 3 or 4 versions of them, wasn't impressed much as they were hyped up to be - a super powerhouse dynamic offensive rubber... at best, the DNA rubbers felt like control oriented offensive rubbers... and there is nothing wrong at all about that.

It is just that in my opinion, none of them came even 1/10 as close to the hype. In that aspect, I totally get where the OP is coming from.

However, that is what you get when your EJ takes over and you buy equipment sight unseen.

It is WAY better to try it pout personally first to feel for yourself what it is.

When you are in the TT hall and see or hear of a different equipment, ask to try it out for 2 minutes. That is enough to feel its properties. That will save you a lot of wasted TT expense.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl