Dry boosting -- safe boosting.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

As an introductory note for a reader.
-- It is a соmmon knowledge with all the advanced players that applying illegal additives on a rubber is supposed to make troubles a lot if racket control procedure is present on duty.

Luckily, a local engineer of Russian Rubber Research Institute came out with an innovation to enable anyone improving sandwich rubber performance instantly, with no chemical applications. No swelling on sponge layer, no risk of disqualification for racket covering being overly thick.

✅ Not commercially available
✅ Patent pending.

We have now investigated a trial prototype of the rolling apparatus and the result proved positive in general. We did got H3 chine rubber softened by around 2-3 degrees, an effect similar to Haifu oily boosters.

Be happy.

IMG_20240414_094757.jpg

Last edited:

As an introductory note for a reader.
-- It is a соmmon knowledge with all the advanced players that applying illegal additives on a rubber is supposed to make troubles a lot if racket control procedure is present on duty.

Luckily, a local engineer of Russian Rubber Research Institute came out with an innovation to enable anyone improving rubber performance instantly, with no chemical applications. No swelling on rubber, no risk of disqualification for overly thick sponge layer.

✅ Not commercially available, as yet.
✅ Patent pending.

We have now investigated a trial prototype of the rolling apparatus and the result proved positive in general. We did got H3 chine rubber softened by around 2-3 degrees, an effect similar to Haifu oily boosters.

Be happy.

View attachment 29830
Ha, ha,
Good one Igor… 🤣
But about a month a half late…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Ha, ha,
Good one Igor… 🤣
But about a month a half late…

Cheers
L-zr
I think his first post about this was just around 1st of April, so he's was on point.

I'm not sure about the "boosting" it does, but I can imagine this method breaks the sponge in. Or softens it compared to out of package hardness.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
EXPERT FORECAST FOR THE NEXT DECADE.

It is no brainer to foretell that most casual pongers will opt for the dry boosting method before oily boosters, since the Racket Control procedure is getting deployed all over lower leagues., athletic clubs, recreational facilities and the suchlike, not mentioning National major events.

Again, fear of a sore penalty is the very best guard against reckless deeds, you know. Dry boosting is safe, while oily boosters all is hazardous.

Last but not least argument for the dry boosting. The excessive cost of consumption materials needed for the usual Iiquid treatments on rubber, all the China "magician" bottles at cost of gold. Not happy prospects, indeed.

Last edited:
Igor is like that friend in when they fall over, you can never tell if they are crying or laughing...

I can't tell if igor is serious or not.
He is OK, just a little obsessed with boosting. But I don’t mind really.

This was actually really funny…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
But Igor, this alters the properties of the rubber. You are supposed to use the rubber without modification. This is illegal! Dirty cheaters shall be damned for eternity!

But if people do adopt this, at least they won't be exposing themselves to those harmful chemicals found in j&j baby oil.

PS: time to short j&j on the stock market.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
imagine CNT comes with rubber gluing support staff - 4 strong men, pulling the rubbers out in 4 directions and then a 5th one gluing it onto the blade.
Russian invention according to igor

I still say, learning how to play table tennis properly should be more important than boosting.

waiting for the day racket control deploys over lower leagues
right now, players need to umpire alternatively
i assume the same players need to manage their own racket control tables too. lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Interesting. Booster oil changes the sponge chemically and this method changes it physically. I have the following concerns. Would the repeated pressure affect the elasticity or even damage the sponge? Since the pressure is applied unevenly, would this affect the flatness of the sponge? Last question, why not just buy a rubber with 38 deg sponge instead of 40 or 41, if the result is to soften the sponge by 2-3 degrees?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I have a patent pending on driving a car over the rubber to soften it.

It works slightly better than this pasta machine, but you can bring the pasta machine into the club to roll your rubber before matches just like the old speed glue days.

pasta png.png

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
BTW. Cylindrical rollers did prove to only have slight effect on sponge materials, if any. You need an apparatus of a particular transverse profile. We tryed a decent variety of rollers with no good result at all.

The best effective roller configuration is now decided ultimately. We have recently applied for a patent registration to our domestic State Patent and Trademark Office. It is all done well, but celebrating ;-) 💥💥💥

Last edited: