Who do you think will win the European Championships 2016?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Tiago Apolonia

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Stefan Fegerl

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Andrej Gacina

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Alexander Shibaev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
post-1025-1116011098.gif NextLevel

Lebesson was able to beat best europeans. But he was too irregular to be in best europeans. If he was not at his best physical condition, he could miss lots of top spin. Also, his backhand top spin was weak, like gatien, but since one or two years, he did lots of progress. He used to miss backhand top spin ; so he took forehand in pivot, but it's predictible, and gave opportunity to opponent to play in forehand.

During those championship, his forhand was amazing on top spin and counter top spin, very good physical condition and also good backhand with rotation. So he gave less easy ball than usual.

Even Gauzy did a good match, not his best match, but Lebesson was too regular and powerful.

Reactions: NextLevel
Don't forget Lebesson won the European Olympic Qualification Tournament this year. Many top European where at this tournament (Gauzy included). It was already a "mini-european-championship" and he won it.
Everytime he plays with French National Team, he got solid results, beating players like Samsonov and Ovtcharov in Baku 2015 if I remember correctly.

Lebesson won the European Champ in a big dominant way, rock solid performance.

Reactions: Donow and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Don't forget Lebesson won the European Olympic Qualification Tournament this year. Many top European where at this tournament (Gauzy included). It was already a "mini-european-championship" and he won it.
Everytime he plays with French National Team, he got solid results, beating players like Samsonov and Ovtcharov in Baku 2015 if I remember correctly.

Lebesson won the European Champ in a big dominant way, rock solid performance.

This was the second stage after many had gone through in the first stage. But yes, those are the things I remember when I think of Lebesson.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
What I find disturbing is that I like private recordings most of the times a lot more than the "professional" productions the ITTF makes...

This user has no status.
What I find disturbing is that I like private recordings most of the times a lot more than the "professional" productions the ITTF makes...

It makes sense though. The camera angle of the ITTF feeds takes away so many of the enjoyable aspects of the sport. You really lose a lot of indication as to the speed, spin, and trajectory of the shots from the elevated straight-on view. It makes the game look dull.

The game is just so much more exciting from angles like these:

I mean, the Ma Long/Zhang Jike video is just insane. Sure, they look like they are playing fast in the ITTF video angle, but at the angle in the above video the speed of their play just looks blistering and so much more exciting.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
It makes sense though. The camera angle of the ITTF feeds takes away so many of the enjoyable aspects of the sport. You really lose a lot of indication as to the speed, spin, and trajectory of the shots from the elevated straight-on view. It makes the game look dull.

I mean, the Ma Long/Zhang Jike video is just insane. Sure, they look like they are playing fast in the ITTF video angle, but at the angle in the above video the speed of their play just looks blistering and so much more exciting.

I also feel that from the standard angle many shots look way too flat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015

Yes, this is actually exactly what I was refering to with my comment. Too sad that the "professionals" do mot realise that.