How much $ do you spend on coaching?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I spend $25/hour, but starting September I was allowed to train with 15-20 years old players which are far younger, faster and lot more skilled than me but this will be worth more for me in terms of my game improvement. They play in regular leagues so I’m more than happy with such opportunity.
already had 1 training yesterday And today played with my coach. Tomorrow and on Friday will have 2 trainings with above group. Of course this is challenge for me to catch up teenagers but I love to give 110% from myself in things I love to do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Just guessing, was this her? (1) yangyang TT - YouTube
If I remember correctly, she kinda had this type of look to her:

She was kinda bubbly and quirky. She said she actually wanted to be a pianist but her parents had no money so they sent her to train in TT full-time or something.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For US, her name is Yue Wu, was one of Lily Zhang’s teammates for the 2016 Olympic Games if I remember correctly.

Also known as Jennifer Wu. She is an excellent coach. Top quality. And a really solid player as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
no no.

Yang Yang would be like a 6, she was like a 9 or 10.
I'm in the Bay Area now. Can you please provide more information on this 10/10 young lady coach?

I'm willing to pay up to 5 bowls of pho to witness a rarity like this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm in the Bay Area now. Can you please provide more information on this 10/10 young lady coach?

I'm willing to pay up to 5 bowls of pho to witness a rarity like this.
haha. I believe it was a small club in Milpitas that I encountered her at.

I really can't remember too much more about her. I posted a tiktok video, and she sorta looked like that. Kinda thin but tallish, like 5'6 or something? She said she used to train in China and her parents sent her away from a young age to train full-time as they didn't have enough money to take care of her. She said she wanted to be a pianist, and was also interested in pistol shooting at the gun range and she did a cute gun-pointing gesture as she spoke this to me...

She was quite bright and kinda bubbly. Just all around very cute pretty young girl.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
At present, £60 for a 2hr session once a month. Aug and Sept increased to 2 2hr sessions as prep for new season league matches.
In between the monthly sessions I try and bed in what I Have been practicing during the coaching sessions with the better players that I coach.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
How much money do you spend on coaching per week?
I play 6 days a week, 3-4 days of private training (1 on 1) of 2-3 hours per session. One session is about 800 hkd. Whole week cost of group training and private training would be around 3000-3500 hkd

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Taiwan, national player coaches is from $33 up per hour, 1 on 1
1st division player coaches is from $20 up per hour, 1 on 1

a reputable coach, can easily be fully booked every day, and make like a min of $120~200 per day, which is way above the median.
There are thousands of coaches earning atleast $100 a day and many of them are fresh university graduates, coaching in elementary school, where compared to similar age office workers, the TT Coach earns double, by working less weekly hours, but will need to work evenings and Saturdays

I was told by one of my colleagues that the hour rate for "group" training for seniors/vets, is where the big money is.

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
mods can we close this garbage thread? table tennis is table tennis, why is there objectification of women here?

Like i remember there's this female player famous just cuz she's pretty not cuz she's good at table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
mods can we close this garbage thread? table tennis is table tennis, why is there objectification of women here?

Like i remember there's this female player famous just cuz she's pretty not cuz she's good at table tennis.
Thats not really what i said. I remembered her because she had a fun bubbly personality and she had all these unfulfilled dreams and interests.

Sounds like you are a woman's dream man, so good for you

This user has no status.
My current coach (OYA) is less than 8000 yens an hour (= 54 usd at current FX rate). I always go for 2 hours with him, nearly every week.

It’s a steal given his pedigree - former JNT member, ex-Junior world champion
Quite cheaper than other pros. Because contrarily to others , he doesn’t own the school which probably runs at a loss. And the school itself is not well located so they need to adjust the prices.

Actually I spend quite a lot in taxis to get there 2x3000 yens each time

I’ve been with other coaches before and I still see other ones when I want other advices or another look on my game or play different style. Or simply because my coach isn’t available.

For example I still see sometimes coach HIRAYA, a chopper with LP he is 6300 yens per hour. Or coach GC FOERSTER at 10,000 yens per hour. He’s the current ITTF veteran 40yo world champ.

But I’ve been to cheaper places farther from the center or out of Tokyo for less than 4500 per hour with more « normal » coaches too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
My current coach (OYA) is less than 8000 yens an hour (= 54 usd at current FX rate). I always go for 2 hours with him, nearly every week.

It’s a steal given his pedigree - former JNT member, ex-Junior world champion
Quite cheaper than other pros. Because contrarily to others , he doesn’t own the school which probably runs at a loss. And the school itself is not well located so they need to adjust the prices.

Actually I spend quite a lot in taxis to get there 2x3000 yens each time

I’ve been with other coaches before and I still see other ones when I want other advices or another look on my game or play different style. Or simply because my coach isn’t available.

For example I still see sometimes coach HIRAYA, a chopper with LP he is 6300 yens per hour. Or coach GC FOERSTER at 10,000 yens per hour. He’s the current ITTF veteran 40yo world champ.

But I’ve been to cheaper places farther from the center or out of Tokyo for less than 4500 per hour with more « normal » coaches too.
Is there a popular japanese forum like TTD? Are you active on there as well?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
  • Haha
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
There are some forums but I’m not active there
I see. I was thinking of posting some rubber reviews over there, as I have a feeling Japanese users are not very familiar with rubber brands like Loki and Yinhe and Friendship.

But I know Japanese youtubers review these rubbers as well.