Ma Lin believes he can win WTTC 2011

Reiging Olympic Champion Ma Lin did not qualify through the China Trials to book a place in the World Table Tennis Championships in May 2011. However, coaches of the Chinese National Team squad believe he is a key player and should be part of the team in Rotterdam next month.

200711-ma-lin-2.jpg

Ma Lin at 31 years of age is still fighting strong and still very determined to win a World Table Tennis Championships Singles Title. Ma Lin has been in 3 WTTC finals and lost them all. Although this, Ma is one of the most successful players of all time winning an Olympic Singles and Doubles and winning 4 Team World Table Tennis Championships titles. Ma Lin is said to be eager to compete in this years WTTC in May as he wants the Grand Slam.

As the coaches have picked Ma Lin to play in this years WTTC he is still regarded as a threat. Ma Lin on talking to a reporter said, "London 2012 is still a long distance for me as all the work im doing is for the WTTC. The training we did he other week with Liu was so intense however i felt i was in great condition. I focussed on my weak points to make my overall performance better".

Ma Lin goes on to say, "table tennis nowadays has no secret. The key is hardwork and looking for things new. This makes all the players in the team search for new skills and new opportunities to win"

Check the full table tennis news at http://tabletennista.com/

--- Please hit the share button at the top of the article to share to your facebook guys and spread the word on Hao Shuai's ventures to the WTTC 2011! ---

So TableTennisDaily members, what do you think? Can Ma Lin beat the younger generation of players at the WTTC including Xu Xin and Zhang Jike - Will he defeat TImo Boll - Can he do it?.

Photo: Ma Lin in top place on the ITTF Pro Tour Men's Singles Standings
Read more ITTF articles
www.ittf.com

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
he can defeat timo boll and zhang jike . But , xu xin will win the title , no doubt about it !