using speed glue only?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
So I saw this video here:

Question:
using only speed glue to attach the rubber to the blade, is this a good idea?
also it seems to me the person in the video doesnt let it proper dry?
speed glue takes normally half a day or full day to dry correct?
Im confused honestly.
So reason I am interested in this is because I love the brush application approach instead of sponge. It just seems so much easier.
Any comments appreciated.
Thank you.

says How much wood would a Clipper Wood clip if a Clipper...
says How much wood would a Clipper Wood clip if a Clipper...
Jan 2024
Well the first problem with speed glue is that it's banned from official use... The second one related to this is that it contains hazardous chemicals. Mandatory advice: glue in a well ventilated area and don't expose others to the fumes.

(People used to glue in the bar areas, dressing rooms etc. and it would just completely fume up the place. Horrible. Maybe a year or so before the ban clubs started disallowing people to glue inside, so you had to do it outside.)

That being said, speed glue works best when played as quickly as possible after the glue job. The first 10-15 balls will feel a bit weird but once that settles down the kick effect is soooo satisfying. As for using the glue outside of its speed properties, it just works really well and convenient for attaching rubbers to blades.

Reactions: Cadoia

enj

This user has no status.

enj

This user has no status.
Jan 2024
So I saw this video here:

Question:
using only speed glue to attach the rubber to the blade, is this a good idea?
also it seems to me the person in the video doesnt let it proper dry?
speed glue takes normally half a day or full day to dry correct?
Im confused honestly.
So reason I am interested in this is because I love the brush application approach instead of sponge. It just seems so much easier.
Any comments appreciated.
Thank you.
The current types of speed glue that contains VOC are quite different from past early 2000's. The effects are much less comparing to that of the past. I think the new sponge/rubber are no longer sensitive to VOC so the glue effect is not as strong.
I use it regularly simply for economical reasons, plus it is easy to use and convenient to buy. It is true that it is not allowed for sanctioned tournaments, which I don't really participate anyway.

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
The current types of speed glue that contains VOC are quite different from past early 2000's. The effects are much less comparing to that of the past. I think the new sponge/rubber are no longer sensitive to VOC so the glue effect is not as strong.
I use it regularly simply for economical reasons, plus it is easy to use and convenient to buy. It is true that it is not allowed for sanctioned tournaments, which I don't really participate anyway.
could you link to the economical glue you use?
also how is it taking it off a rubber so you can reuse the rubber on another blade?

enj

This user has no status.

enj

This user has no status.
Jan 2024
could you link to the economical glue you use?
also how is it taking it off a rubber so you can reuse the rubber on another blade?
TT11 sells two types of glues, one is called Speed Glue (VOC), costs about $34 for a 1000mL. One of the good things using speed glue is that the sheet of rubber come off blade quite easily, the rubber are completely reusable (I do these all the time). There will be a thin or thick layer of dry glue left on the sponge, which you have to either clean it out (by robbing it off slowly)or using the lighter fluid to resolve it so it could be reused again.
I also found that regular rubber cement also works well as long as you don't put too many layers on the sponge since rubber cement tends to be thicker that speed glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
TT11 sells two types of glues, one is called Speed Glue (VOC), costs about $34 for a 1000mL. One of the good things using speed glue is that the sheet of rubber come off blade quite easily, the rubber are completely reusable (I do these all the time). There will be a thin or thick layer of dry glue left on the sponge, which you have to either clean it out (by robbing it off slowly)or using the lighter fluid to resolve it so it could be reused again.
I also found that regular rubber cement also works well as long as you don't put too many layers on the sponge since rubber cement tends to be thicker that speed glue.
interesting. never heard of lighterfluid used for this.
Someone recommended me to use Tearmender for glue as a cheaper option. Or liquid latex.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024