What's your opinion on the Tibhar Quantum X Pro/Pro soft?

This user has no status.
hard Topsheet,grippy but nots as spinny as other tensors,better for Block and flat hit,more on the speedier side.
A bit like the Hammond Z2 but with less spin(and sensitivite) and softer sponge,
Better at Blocking and more controlled than Z2 with spin,but less Gears.,
Played it on an SDC SPectra Blade,with Mexican Granadillo Handle on BH for 5 months.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I have the Quantum X pro pink color, stuck on a Donic Baum Esprit, and i think it's a ok rubber, nothing special. G1 is much better in almost all aspects, but speed.
hard Topsheet,grippy but nots as spinny as other tensors,better for Block and flat hit,more on the speedier side.
A bit like the Hammond Z2 but with less spin(and sensitivite) and softer sponge,
Better at Blocking and more controlled than Z2 with spin,but less Gears.,
Played it on an SDC SPectra Blade,with Mexican Granadillo Handle on BH for 5 months.

If it doesn't have much spin and is good for block then I'm really interested. Would the x pro soft be a good substitute for bluestorm z3?

Z3 just dies way too quick in my hands, it also has a hard topsheet but has very low throw angle, but also low sensitivity to spin. G1 felt a bit too responsive, t05 on fh feels easier to control.

But I'm interested to change from 05fx and bluestorm z3 to something less sensitive than 05fx and more long lasting than z3. I like soft rubbers on bh, so I'm really talking about pro x soft. So how's the topsheet after you guys having used it for a few months?

This user has no status.
i meant the Hammond Z2 from Nittaku,and i played the normal 47.5 version the Quantum X Pro.
yeah if you looking for more control on Bh i would try out the X Pro Soft,if iam not mistaken it is 42 degree.
Well the Topsheet was grippy but stretchted and firm (that was my impression),that was still the case after a few months,the gripp was a bit leesser.
It is still no Anti or something else,just not as spinny as a T5,G1 or smth,but no slouch either.
But from a durability standpoint it doesn´t loose much,
Not as Durable as an Acuda s2,but your blocks and counters will be faster.
If you look for a stable Counter,Block and controlled rubber it sounds you will like it.
But i only played the Pro,maybe others can tell you about the pro soft,cause the sponge certainly will also have an influence.
GL,maybe search for a discount,saw a lot of the Quantum X pro series on Sale nowadays,maybe you can get your hands on a cheap sheet if you can.
A lot of european Women switched for a short time to the Quantum X Pro,altough i suspect it was a Tibhar add campaign after all.
Not sure if some still use it on BH.
Iplayed it on A Blade from @hipnotic it had about 1450 Hertz and was an Outer Spectra Blade,like a Fortino Pro from Tibhar,so my setup was a fast one.
But Jesus some Blocks,Flat hits and even Counterspins were awesome,but all in all too fast for an old geezer like me nowadays.
But It was Fun as Hell man.

Last edited:
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
i meant the Hammond Z2 from Nittaku,and i played the normal 47.5 version the Quantum X Pro.
yeah if you looking for more control on Bh i would try out the X Pro Soft,if iam not mistaken it is 42 degree.
Well the Topsheet was grippy but stretchted and firm (that was my impression),that was still the case after a few months,the gripp was a bit leesser.
It is still no Anti or something else,just not as spinny as a T5,G1 or smth,but no slouch either.
But from a durability standpoint it doesn´t loose much,
Not as Durable as an Acuda s2,but your blocks and counters will be faster.
If you look for a stable Counter,Block and controlled rubber it sounds you will like it.
But i only played the Pro,maybe others can tell you about the pro soft,cause the sponge certainly will also have an influence.
GL,maybe search for a discount,saw a lot of the Quantum X pro series on Sale nowadays,maybe you can get your hands on a cheap sheet if you can.
A lot of european Women switched for a short time to the Quantum X Pro,altough i suspect it was a Tibhar add campaign after all.
Iplayed it on A Blade from @hipnotic it had about 1450 Hertz and was an Outer Spectra Blade,like a Fortino Pro from Tibhar,so my setup was a fast one.
But Jesus some Blocks,Flat hits and even Counterspins were awesome,but all in all too fast for an old geezer like me nowadays.
But It was Fun as Hell man.
I tried hammond z2 from a friend, it was sensitive and I didn't really like how hard it was. If it gives good blocking, receive and generally good ease of use then it sounds pretty good. How's the feeling of the normal one you used? Did it feel like a tensor like a bluestorm, or closer to a g1?

This user has no status.
hm i never played the G1,but i played the ACuda S2 on bh which is somehat in your degree Range.
Lifting heavy Backspin is somewhat a problem with the X Pro,but it is doable,but as i said not as spinny to use the spin from your opponent on return,more of a "it is not as sensitive so i can punchblock or play a fast count trough spin (side you can somewhat power through if its high enough or you are fast and have a high hit point to get it over the net,if you want to overpower the spin from your oppenent its not as spinny or dwelly to give you a better chance than other Tensors especially t05 fx or that kind of Tensor.
Yeah Z2 is sensitive in that sense you have to be fast and a good understanding of the incoming spin to use it to your advantage,but you give the opponent less reaction time if you are fast in your return.
I have a hard time to imgaine the x pro soft,cause i got away from the 42° degree Rubbers,the best i played from that kind of tensor was the Acuda s2.
But if you are a stable blocker and play with constant precise Blocks,counter or even a killshot if the return from the oponnent is not fast and spinny and has a low trajectory,i can´t imagine a better rubber with those strengts,the do it all rubber is not on the market,we all know that.
But is your Setup is Viscaria still?As i said ai played an out composition with Spectra,so my Blade was also on fast countering and get my topspin points on Fh rally with counterspin ,i played the Hammond on FH.
All in all it was more of a Moregardh block fast,counter faster but bh Serve,chiquita and Bh TS rallys where more to bring the opponent to a a point where you can flat hit or blcok him out.
But don´t get me wrong,you can still get more than decent spin but not as easy as with other rubbers,with soft ts and more dwell and spinn.
But it is worth a try,not a bad rubber,but strenghts is more in controlled block and eventually anticipate the opponents Footwork,teunique to pressure him,not pressure him with a overpowering spinny bh.
I don´t know if that makes much sense,i hope it does,but that is my personal feeling.

This user has no status.
The last Blade on this site,is the Blade from Sergio i was using and still use,gladly i just left them in the Hall of my Club.
The one with the Mexican Grenadillo Handle,as you see it is also on the Faster side,but jesus is it fun to muster power for game,and still smash the shit out of the ball.
But I am not the youngest anymore,so it is a bit above my speedrange,and with the Quantum still on bh and the Hammond on Fh a blast to smash shit up!
Well Summerpause is here and i hope i can get Blade 3 from Him,after i have specific composition in Mind,and the funds to pay him for his hard work,it is worth the money.
I played the BTY Kiso Hinoki V to get a feeling for that wood,so i have a composition in Mind but still have a inspiration.
I think a Fiber has to be in the mix,maybe even inner and not as catapulty as a 5 Player Hinoki,i play the Glayzer on Bh and Bluestar A1 on Fh on the Kiso V,so i think the harder Rubber fits the Hinoki in modern play to tame the catapult effect.
But jesus a composition for a Blade is really not easy,so hats of to all the Blademakers.
And you have to get your rubbers in order to it,too.
GL Dude,it is worth a try if its in your Budget with the q x pro soft.
Greetz from the G,Haraold.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Bernie Szocs introduced it in pink and still uses it.
For me, it´s a rubber that can produce enough spin for an opening topspin on underspin, to then excel in the open counter/topspin rallye, and in blocking.
I generally do not like the term "backhand rubber", but this is one that I would only use there.

Reactions: Haraold
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
hm i never played the G1,but i played the ACuda S2 on bh which is somehat in your degree Range.
Lifting heavy Backspin is somewhat a problem with the X Pro,but it is doable,but as i said not as spinny to use the spin from your opponent on return,more of a "it is not as sensitive so i can punchblock or play a fast count trough spin (side you can somewhat power through if its high enough or you are fast and have a high hit point to get it over the net,if you want to overpower the spin from your oppenent its not as spinny or dwelly to give you a better chance than other Tensors especially t05 fx or that kind of Tensor.
Yeah Z2 is sensitive in that sense you have to be fast and a good understanding of the incoming spin to use it to your advantage,but you give the opponent less reaction time if you are fast in your return.
I have a hard time to imgaine the x pro soft,cause i got away from the 42° degree Rubbers,the best i played from that kind of tensor was the Acuda s2.
But if you are a stable blocker and play with constant precise Blocks,counter or even a killshot if the return from the oponnent is not fast and spinny and has a low trajectory,i can´t imagine a better rubber with those strengts,the do it all rubber is not on the market,we all know that.
But is your Setup is Viscaria still?As i said ai played an out composition with Spectra,so my Blade was also on fast countering and get my topspin points on Fh rally with counterspin ,i played the Hammond on FH.
All in all it was more of a Moregardh block fast,counter faster but bh Serve,chiquita and Bh TS rallys where more to bring the opponent to a a point where you can flat hit or blcok him out.
But don´t get me wrong,you can still get more than decent spin but not as easy as with other rubbers,with soft ts and more dwell and spinn.
But it is worth a try,not a bad rubber,but strenghts is more in controlled block and eventually anticipate the opponents Footwork,teunique to pressure him,not pressure him with a overpowering spinny bh.
I don´t know if that makes much sense,i hope it does,but that is my personal feeling.
My forehand is what I use to attack, I use my backhand for receive, block and punching. Also yes, I still use viscaria, I haven't found any other blade I feel as comfortable with.

This user has no status.
Sounds like you should give it a try!
and yes its good enough for opening backspin with a chiquita or ts opening,but then you should aim for conterblocking and trying to win the poin on speed,smash or anticipation of the enemys Footwork or open sides and angles.
I would not go on a backhand Ts rally like you would do with a T05 fx and try to win the Spin match.
Yes Bernie Szocs used it,and still uses it?well if its good enough for a pro,it is probably good enough for us.
Maybe watch some of her games to see how she plays her backhand.
Gl and Have fun.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Sounds like you should give it a try!
and yes its good enough for opening backspin with a chiquita or ts opening,but then you should aim for conterblocking and trying to win the poin on speed,smash or anticipation of the enemys Footwork or open sides and angles.
I would not go on a backhand Ts rally like you would do with a T05 fx and try to win the Spin match.
Yes Bernie Szocs used it,and still uses it?well if its good enough for a pro,it is probably good enough for us.
Maybe watch some of her games to see how she plays her backhand.
Gl and Have fun.
I've watched her, she plays a lot of topspin with her bh, but rubbers play differently to different players. And I agree, if it's enough for pros, then it's more than enough for us. As long as it's not too good for us and doesn't give us trouble.

I'm kinda forced to play topspin with the 05fx because it doesn't like playing flat, my z3 was different, I could just block and counter. I'll give it try at some point. Thanks for the help!

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
you should,you can play a bh ts rally but more with speed and placement then heavy spin duells,Bernadette is also a quick player so the Quantum suits her style.
But its not as spinny as a T05fx if you know what i mean.
That's kinda what I'm looking for. Fast, medium/low throw and not much bite.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Yes. Not a "heavy spin" rubber, but very solid for good placement.

This user has no status.
but if you are good enough at brush Ts and counterspin,you could surely generate spin.
Some opponents where even surprised at the spin you can generate and understimated the Rubber.
What i want to say,you sure as hell have to have clue about spin in general,its not spin Insensitive as you might imagine.
But cause of the firmer TS you have also more linear response speedwise,"kick" speed as with Catapulty but softer Ts and sponge rubbers.
But whhat you are looking for you should try it,but it is a not as easy to transition,like other T05fx like rubbers.
But i dont know of any rubbers who are similar to Xp,except the Hammond Z2 (agrre it is more spinny as a quantum) or maybe the Gewo Superselect 45°.
But maybe some other Users here have some good suggestions also.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
but if you are good enough at brush Ts and counterspin,you could surely generate spin.
Some opponents where even surprised at the spin you can generate and understimated the Rubber.
What i want to say,you sure as hell have to have clue about spin in general,its not spin Insensitive as you might imagine.
But cause of the firmer TS you have also more linear response speedwise,"kick" speed as with Catapulty but softer Ts and sponge rubbers.
But whhat you are looking for you should try it,but it is a not as easy to transition,like other T05fx like rubbers.
But i dont know of any rubbers who are similar to Xp,except the Hammond Z2 (agrre it is more spinny as a quantum) or maybe the Gewo Superselect 45°.
But maybe some other Users here have some good suggestions also.
Over the years I've adjusted to everything from Stiga calibra tour, Tenergy 05/05fx, goldarc 8, bluestorm z3, hurricane 3, battle 2, rxton 3 and a few more. I'll give it a try, as you've described it, it sounds like a decent rubber. And it comes out in blue and pink, I guess it's about time I put some colour in my life.

This user has no status.
i had it in Blue,but i think its the same not as Hurricane 9.
I still can´t think of another rubber,Gorikki Kasioku from Nittaku maybe,but 50° degree,and even lower trajectory and catapult.
Played both on that SDC Blade.
Still got it for Antirop opponents,.
"i wanted to smash shit up :)"
I could even "stopblock" a Good Player with shortpips on bh,he played the "Spinlord Degu" on bh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowday20298