Which training ball to pick

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Just watch the TTBL final 2022 and listen to Jörg Roßkopf's comment on the Nittaku Premium balls (which are considerably better than the J-Top)... can be played harder and have a bit less spin than the balls that are usually used in the TTBL (mostly some rebranded DHS balls). Roßkopf also commented on the various table/ball combinations/how different these behave and that the ITTF should do something about that.

The Double Fish V40+ balls got good reviews in Germany (*, *** and Champions Edition).
Someone even measured weight, diameter and roundness of some Champions Edition balls https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?t=360119&page=2

Reactions: JeffM and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I use this

TTT%20Ball%20jpg.jpeg

These ones. I've been using them for a year now at home. They are much better than any Donic/Andro/Butterfly/Joola training balls I've played with, and they are dirt cheap (pretty sure you can get them for even cheaper if you get them from the global Amazon).
They are a lot cheaper is the U.S.A but that's how much they are on Amazon UK !!! I'm ok paying 50p a ball for such quality!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
In our club we have been using the Hueison 3-Star balls and they worked well for the price. They were better than DHS 1-Star or the any of the other brand training balls.
I just ordered another 500….
Some time in the past i ordered 100 of them I think. They are ok. Might even go that route, they are like 13$ for 100$ of them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
Feb 2023
I am building a robot at home and I will need some balls for it, ideally ones that are close to our training balls playing wise
- and durable or at least a good price/quality ratio.

There are a lot of balls on Aliexpress for good and bad prices and I am not sure which ones to buy yet.

Huieson, Sanwei, Doublefish, Some more expensive brands,

How big is 1 - 3 star difference in terms of play, i wouldnt mind 1 or 2 star balls that play like 3 star for cheap price
- even if they dont last that long.

For home robot that I might not even use that often I am fine with those.

I might just order a couple smaller packs and test them out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I am building a robot at home and I will need some balls for it, ideally ones that are close to our training balls playing wise
- and durable or at least a good price/quality ratio.

There are a lot of balls on Aliexpress for good and bad prices and I am not sure which ones to buy yet.

Huieson, Sanwei, Doublefish, Some more expensive brands,

How big is 1 - 3 star difference in terms of play, i wouldnt mind 1 or 2 star balls that play like 3 star for cheap price
- even if they dont last that long.

For home robot that I might not even use that often I am fine with those.

I might just order a couple smaller packs and test them out.
I use Sanwei ABS Club balls in my robot and it works just fine. If you're sensitive go for a 1-star ball like Sanwei, 729 or DHS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just watch the TTBL final 2022 and listen to Jörg Roßkopf's comment on the Nittaku Premium balls (which are considerably better than the J-Top)... can be played harder and have a bit less spin than the balls that are usually used in the TTBL (mostly some rebranded DHS balls). Roßkopf also commented on the various table/ball combinations/how different these behave and that the ITTF should do something about that.

The Double Fish V40+ balls got good reviews in Germany (*, *** and Champions Edition).
Someone even measured weight, diameter and roundness of some Champions Edition balls https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?t=360119&page=2
Nittaku Premium is maded by Nittaku themselves, and is Made in Japan,
Nittaku was actually first a ball company (over 100 years old now) and then become a table tennis company.
so they are no doubt the most experience and make the best quality balls available (the Premium balls)
However, they are VERY expensive.

i'm suprised DF has good reviews in Germany.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I have been using Joola training balls in my robot for 12 months and have noticed they are really soft compared to the 3 star balls I use for service practice. Not sure if they have got softer over the duration and exposure to cold in my shed, but they are poor.

Just ordered some 3 star Kevenz to try.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I will post pictures later. We tested the balls yesterday first time. We graded them into 3 segments.

Abismal​

• Light blue Tibhar 40+ Training
  • Gewo balls
We mostly thought they were broken all the time. I had like 6 balls to test of this kind and every single one of them is messed up.

Ok​

• Neottec Balls made in china
  • Purple older tibhar balls
  • Donic Coach balls
  • Hueieson
No negative comments. Really ok balls.

Superb balls​

• Tibhar SL 40+ Orange packaging
They had the nicest click, really nice balls. My go to from now on.