Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I think that makes sense regards blade choice - I tend to lean towards softer feel and better hold (for want of a better word) and so whilst I love the crispness of outer blades like my Viscaria, I play better with softer and more forgiving blades like the Franziska. Rubbers is harder for me to lock down - I have loved hybrid harder rubbers like D09c on my FH but ultimately don't feel I am good enough to get the best out of them. Moving back to T05 has really demonstrated that to me as I get so much more spin and speed with my strokes, more of the time (and the slower blade limits my control losses) I do however tend to a slower, softer rubber on my BH to help me alleviate my lack of power on this wing..
If you have an older sheet of D09c you want to play around with, you can try boosting with 2 layers of FTL. It softens it up significantly and to me plays a lot more like T05. The "click" is harder to activate than T05, but heck a lot easier than before boosting, and it's still got pretty good touch in the short game and still has better spin than T05.

Reactions: Wrighty67
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
same crazy on how Uncle Gozo is European worshiper
I am ESN kind of guy. Now, I sure darn can't play like em'CNT fellers can I? No way Jose! No can do!
Those Euro players are easier to emulate. At lease there is some chance, no matter how remote. With Asian style... I give up.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am ESN kind of guy. Now, I sure darn can't play like em'CNT fellers can I. No way Jose! No can do!
Those Euro players are easier to emulate. At lease there is some chance, no matter how remote. With Asian style... I give up.
if liking ESN = worship Europe....
so if I like to shop on Amazon, I'm worship Americas?

so difficult to not get labelled.
its like you are guilty and need to prove your innocent now haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
so... let me be clear with everyone here on this.
Shine, blahness all think I have agenda. To me, that is very immature.

When I see things I don't like, I talk about it. I will make it known. People know me in person, or are my social media, will see it often enough.

It doesn't mean I am anti this or that.
Give an example - I don't like WTT now, due to many of its policies and how it has changed to not suite those of players. TMS wasn't clean and I suspect WTT has its own challenges, but I am talking about players view point.

Same time, I have few friends working in WTT and I still talk to them, ie when I need to ask about things in WTT handbook or other related issues that is beyond my level.

I also know people in the ITTF
I used to know someone in CNT, until she left last year. I still have many friends who are coaches in various chinese provincial teams. I am somewhat connected, but I will probably rate myself below that of Dan and Matt.

I like to share information that is difficult to source, so that is why I like to network and source and share if it is deemed useful.
I am not afraid to talk as Tony, as there is nothing to hide.

If blahness read my FB posts, he would say I am anti south africa too, but the truth is SA tt federation is a joke. SA is in a terrible state and not much good can be said about it, but it doesn't make one anti this or that, if you are telling the truth.

there is policies there that are so 1970s or retarded.
IE - you can't go train overseas at own costs, because it is not fair to others that can't afford to go train. So because of that, you must pay a "tax" of 200usd every time you go overseas privately as you require "clearance letter to go". My words to parents is, sue the crap out of these crazy people.
I mean, you self fund to train your old kids, because the national team doesn't do it for you, but they tax you paperwork fees to draft a clearance letter of 200usd per time....

This is why you don't see people self funding to go places, because the mountain to climb is just not worth it.

But, I also have friends in this federation and I do tell them my mind, I know they are not the culprits, but hey, many things are too crazy there. and that was why I did not apply for the national team coaching position there.

I probably do make enemies who are the ones I offended, but hey, if stupid people are hurting the growth of the sport, they aren't anyone's friends at all.

On WTT overloading on players and force participation.
Lin Yun-Ju was in a bad state going into Saudi
so he withdraw from his next competition to go home and rest.
he submitted "personal reasons" for his withdrawal.....

the guy is top 10 in the world, why isn't anyone looking after him, or saying, you can't play Lin - you are unfit, you need to stop.
but on the contrary, if you are ill and can't play, you get challenged instead and need to prove you are really sick.
LYJ couldn't borded the plane to saudi as his temperature was too high (Taiwan still has thermal scanners at airports)

Aruna, and Ni both made this public knowledge already, One Africa, one Chinese/European.
I'm not making things up

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
so... let me be clear with everyone here on this.
Shine, blahness all think I have agenda. To me, that is very immature.

When I see things I don't like, I talk about it. I will make it known. People know me in person, or are my social media, will see it often enough.

It doesn't mean I am anti this or that.
Give an example - I don't like WTT now, due to many of its policies and how it has changed to not suite those of players. TMS wasn't clean and I suspect WTT has its own challenges, but I am talking about players view point.

Same time, I have few friends working in WTT and I still talk to them, ie when I need to ask about things in WTT handbook or other related issues that is beyond my level.

I also know people in the ITTF
I used to know someone in CNT, until she left last year. I still have many friends who are coaches in various chinese provincial teams. I am somewhat connected, but I will probably rate myself below that of Dan and Matt.

I like to share information that is difficult to source, so that is why I like to network and source and share if it is deemed useful.
I am not afraid to talk as Tony, as there is nothing to hide.

If blahness read my FB posts, he would say I am anti south africa too, but the truth is SA tt federation is a joke. SA is in a terrible state and not much good can be said about it, but it doesn't make one anti this or that, if you are telling the truth.

there is policies there that are so 1970s or retarded.
IE - you can't go train overseas at own costs, because it is not fair to others that can't afford to go train. So because of that, you must pay a "tax" of 200usd every time you go overseas privately as you require "clearance letter to go". My words to parents is, sue the crap out of these crazy people.
I mean, you self fund to train your old kids, because the national team doesn't do it for you, but they tax you paperwork fees to draft a clearance letter of 200usd per time....

This is why you don't see people self funding to go places, because the mountain to climb is just not worth it.

But, I also have friends in this federation and I do tell them my mind, I know they are not the culprits, but hey, many things are too crazy there. and that was why I did not apply for the national team coaching position there.

I probably do make enemies who are the ones I offended, but hey, if stupid people are hurting the growth of the sport, they aren't anyone's friends at all.
If someone annoys me on an internet forum, i just add them to my ignore list, just like if there's something on the TV i don't like, i'll switch the channel over. No big deal.

Some people just like a bit of drama on the internet.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Many boards have an off-topic sub-board, but my experience is that without heavy moderation they usually become a cesspool of insults, oftentimes involving politics, in our current turbulent world.

there was 1 cry baby about conspiracy and many other people took on the purpose of the thread and answered (including from many users that I had not even known have existed).

The thread was closed because of what dingyibvs described above. I left the comments that actually answered your question. None of the viewpoints were the problem. The problem was people calling each other names and making personal attacks.

I do think you got an answer to your question.

But....I don't have to do anything on this forum. I can leave the spam and the personal attacks and let the forum turn into what dingyibvs described.

I am not moderating the forum because I want to. I have been asking Dan to find moderators for the past 3 years.

And Tony, if you don't like when people make personal attacks on you, you should not make personal attacks back. You should act like an adult.

If you have a question for me YOU KNOW HOW TO MESSAGE ME. NextLevel asked me why I closed your thread and I told him pretty clearly. Here is what I asked him to tell you since he was contacting me FOR YOU and I really am too busy to waste time with childish behavior:

"Let him know it was just that it seemed people were getting polarized by the two sides politics stuff. Not him. Just a subject where people can go off the deep end in any direction even if the thread wasn't supposed to be about that.

Feel free to just cut and paste and tell him I asked you to send that to him."

That is what I told NL when he asked about your thread for you.

Reactions: Lazer and Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The thread was closed because of what dingyibvs described above. I left the comments that actually answered your question. None of the viewpoints were the problem. The problem was people calling each other names and making personal attacks.

But....I don't have to do anything on this forum. I can leave the spam and the personal attacks and let the forum turn into what dingyibvs described.

I am not moderating the forum because I want to. I have been asking Dan to find moderators for the past 3 years.

And Tony, if you don't like when people make personal attacks on you, you should not make personal attacks back. You should act like an adult.

If you have a question for me YOU KNOW HOW TO MESSAGE ME. NextLevel asked me why I closed your thread and I told him pretty clearly. Here is what I asked him to tell you since he was contacting me FOR YOU and I really am too busy to waste time with childish behavior:

"Let him know it was just that it seemed people were getting polarized by the two sides politics stuff. Not him. Just a subject where people can go off the deep end in any direction even if the thread wasn't supposed to be about that.

and you know how to reach me and speak with me
I am not looking to speak with you, but to Dan, because you remove links that are neutral.

I know this place is un-loved and you have no time for it. I know you would love to take off your admin duty, but that is your problem with Dan and you can resign any time. So don't make that any one elses problem, please.

My grief is actually you, you an adult and can speak to me too.
I would have thought my involvement here and known you for years, deserved a message from you, but hey, you probably like being god, there is no communication in you any more - I do miss the old you. the new you,,, well, you have no time for any one.

you showed no respect in your actions to me, so why should I respect you at all?
your actions of removal certain neutral posts, are no difference to policed forums in some country.

as I said, if you have no time for reaching out first, then you expect us to all just accept it?
my time is also precious and it took you a while to reach out and not even in private mode.

I'm sure many old timers can feel my irritation in your actions.

"Let him know it was just that it seemed people were getting polarized by the two sides politics stuff. Not him.
and now you have said it is not me.
well, its too late hey

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

BTW: for the record, there is nothing wrong with discussions on subjects that are not table tennis. In fact, there is a whole forum subcategory for that.

The subject matter is never the issue with stuff when things get removed. If something gets removed, it is because of personal attacks and bad behavior.

Recently Shine got a few week ban for personal attacks. Some of them were towards Tony. I have to be honest. Some of the responses from Tony were not really any better than the stuff that got Shine the 3 week ban. Even when someone is acting out, you can still explain your viewpoint without the personal stuff and the name calling.

I am just asking you guys to behave a little better when you disagree on subject matter. Explain your opinions and leave out the personal attacks. Please.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
and you know how to reach me and speak with me
I am not looking to speak with you, but to Dan, because you remove links that are neutral.

I know this place is un-loved and you have no time for it. I know you would love to take off your admin duty, but that is your problem with Dan and you can resign any time. So don't make that any one elses problem, please.

My grief is actually you, you an adult and can speak to me too.
I would have thought my involvement here and known you for years, deserved a message from you, but hey, you probably like being god, there is no communication in you any more - I do miss the old you. the new you,,, well, you have no time for any one.

you showed no respect in your actions to me, so why should I respect you at all?
your actions of removal certain neutral posts, are no difference to policed forums in some country.

as I said, if you have no time for reaching out first, then you expect us to all just accept it?
my time is also precious

Wait, I should speak to you but you contacted me through someone else?

And I did ask Dan to phase me out.

TTD deserves someone who is paying attention to the forum and who can act like an adult. And these days, I have other responsibilities and no time to spend on the forum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Wait, I should speak to you but you contacted me through someone else?

And I did ask Dan to phase me out.
I didn't contact or ask anyone to contact you
NL was probably just trying to help ease things

You could of contacted me to say, hey, its not you, but %$^##$^%#$^%$#^%, so i'm just going to x,y,z to the thread. But nope, all silence, because you are probably too busy to do that.
you used to do that, so hence I said you are not the same.

just drop your profile and stop logging in.
Dan needs to either hire someone or find someone
he is making good money with the TTD brand, the brand has grown in value over the decade.

He ask me to return and share my mind, but shows less and less involvement
as I said before, we are all busy, my time is also precious

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
BTW: for the record, there is nothing wrong with discussions on subjects that are not table tennis. In fact, there is a whole forum subcategory for that.
its still locked as of right now.

1. no explanation before locking
2. still locked after reactive explanation

so, you going to say, the thread has served it's purpose so it will remain lock?

i'm not looking for it to unlock, but you not playing by the rulebook

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I didn't contact or ask anyone to contact you
NL was probably just trying to help ease things

You could of contacted me to say, hey, its not you, but %$^##$^%#$^%$#^%, so i'm just going to x,y,z to the thread. But nope, all silence, because you are probably too busy to do that.
you used to do that, so hence I said you are not the same.

just drop your profile and stop logging in.
Dan needs to either hire someone or find someone
he is making good money with the TTD brand, the brand has grown in value over the decade.

He ask me to return and share my mind, but shows less and less involvement
as I said before, we are all busy, my time is also precious

You are right. I am not the same. I am much more busy. My kid who only has one parent....more important than the internet....my parent who has cancer....more important. I really just don't have time.

If you felt insulted by me just doing something that it seemed to me needed to be done. Sorry. But it had nothing to do with you. I did leave the content that gave you the information you were asking for.

I just pulled out the political stuff that could cause people to respond in a radicalized way.

It might be worth thinking about how often you do get into flame wars with people though. How does that happen so frequently.

But a question, if you did not ask anyone to contact me, does that mean you were simply complaining about the issue without contacting me? All you have to do is reach out to me.

But it is true, I don't need to be on here. Thanks.

Reactions: NextLevel and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You are right. I am not the same. I am much more busy. My kid who only has one parent....more important than the internet....my parent who has cancer....more important. I really just don't have time.
i know you have issues to deal with, Dan should know better and I have gave you my suggestion of what I felt is correct.
If you felt insulted by me just doing something that it seemed to me needed to be done. Sorry. But it had nothing to do with you. I did leave the content that gave you the information you were asking for.

I just pulled out the political stuff that could cause people to respond in a radicalized way.
you could of spoken up about it, who knows what you were thinking.
I understand you would remove my flame war posts at time, and that at least I can understand
but seriously, what did the emoji-pedia link do to offend you?
I didn't even know emoji has its own pedia...

was it the answer coming from it? or you just felt this or that and everything else is not necessary.
surely the old you would communicate first?

It might be worth thinking about how often you do get into flame wars with people though. How does that happen so frequently.
thanks
but I did complain a lot recently about many things. WTT has gone overboard this year and fans are very happy and think WTT is making the sport better. Its like painting a good picture outside, with cancer building up inside.
overloading on anything will cause great issues.

obviously it touch peoples nerves, just like blahness going off like a crazy mad man - more crazy than Shine.
Gozo's one was a clear example on how crazy it was.
I even PM gozo to ask if he ever had grief with blahness in the past. of which he said no and was also clueless. So, indeed, no one has any idea why gozo got shot.

I can't help it when there are crazy people.
I'm sure if it wasn't for blahness, that thread would had remained peaceful

in fact, I was getting worried when people where posting emoji's of Taiwan's flag.
I only expected "i can see it".
I still feel today, the flag could cause problems..... sad for me to say it, but i'm also used to the threat we get.

Many people who do get labeled anti china, end up missing. so blahness needs to know his his emotional fit, for many, does equate to death.

obviously my thread was too complicated with one immature thinker

But a question, if you did not ask anyone to contact me, does that mean you were simply complaining about the issue without contacting me? All you have to do is reach out to me.
i could reach out to you, I know that
you overstep my line and didn't contact me.
you said the thread is fine, but it is still blocked today.
You could of handled it better, you know that!
Of the above, it is sad we having this talk today. Obviously thanks for being around, but your issues, we can't help with really. Your issue isn't me or anyone else on TTD.

As I suggested to you last year or was it 2 years ago or even back then when I rejoined TTD (i'm sure we talked about it many times), Dan needs to step in.

The worlds 2nd biggest english TT forum only has 1 mod that wants to quit, the owner knows about it for years and pretends nothing is wrong.

while the owner is exploring other avenues and having a lot of fun (at least on videos he posts).
while, Mr Carl on TTD is struggling...
it isn't fair, not right
he should be paying you to stay on, since its a brand with income and not just a tt forum like 10+ years ago.

hope things work out better for you! I do mean it.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
its still locked as of right now.

1. no explanation before locking
2. still locked after reactive explanation

so, you going to say, the thread has served it's purpose so it will remain lock?

i'm not looking for it to unlock, but you not playing by the rulebook

The thread does not need to be unlocked forever.

If there are links on it you want to stay live, PM me and I can make that happen.

The reason for locking is for people to calm down. So, in a week or so, it would be fine to unlock. If Dan decides to unlock, I am fine with that.

If it is unlocked now and it goes back to personal attacks from more than one side, would you think it should still stay live?

Again, the locking is to calm things down. Not about any single person. But it was not the first flame war in the past few days between you and someone.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The thread does not need to be unlocked forever.

If there are links on it you want to stay live, PM me and I can make that happen.

The reason for locking is for people to calm down. So, in a week or so, it would be fine to unlock. If Dan decides to unlock, I am fine with that.

If it is unlocked now and it goes back to personal attacks from more than one side, would you think it should still stay live?
as I said, you need to speak out first. that how you did it, that was your own rules.
at the moment, i don't even care if the thread is totally removed or unblocked.

Again, the locking is to calm things down. Not about any single person. But it was not the first flame war in the past few days between you and someone.
I can understand the reason of locking, but as I said, there was no communication.

Shine is known to be a trouble maker for a while.
blahness probably had some emotional fit

I'm one of the more active posters here, so it is no surprise one of my many posts will eventually trigger something from more sensitive people.

Shine has a problem with me for a while already. He won't stop challenging me, because he thinks i'm a fraud and nothing I said is true. I mean, what else more must I prove? its not like he is making any evidence of things he says behind his fake name.

blahness, i'm not sure what his grief is, but he is a loose cannon for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Thanks, Carl.

One of the things that is underappreciated about moderation is how thankless it is.

When I originally saw Tony's post, I just assumed that you were too busy to even deal with it and it wasn't you. And as a moderator at mytt, my own approach and feeling has always been that unless you are a maliciously bad actor (like our notorious troll), you can always ask a moderator and get a quick explanation, which may not satisfy you but it is what it is. What you are posting here is something that could have been explained in direct conversation with Tony, but for whatever reason, Tony has said he wasn't interested in it and he would rather take it up with Dan. But in any case, what you did was reasonable, Tony didn't like it (you may have some history I am not privy to) and it is what it is.

Guys, this is the largest thread in TTD and is focused mostly on personal table tennis - I guess it has to embody some other kinds of TTD interaction as well. But let's figure out how to move on from just discussing things that could be done in one-on-one emails on this thread. Feel free to open threads on other issues on other parts of the forum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks, Carl.

One of the things that is underappreciated about moderation is how thankless it is.

When I originally saw Tony's post, I just assumed that you were too busy to even deal with it and it wasn't you. And as a moderator at mytt, my own approach and feeling has always been that unless you are a maliciously bad actor (like our notorious troll), you can always ask a moderator and get a quick explanation, which may not satisfy you but it is what it is. What you are posting here is something that could have been explained in direct conversation with Tony, but for whatever reason, Tony has said he wasn't interested in it and he would rather take it up with Dan. But in any case, what you did was reasonable, Tony didn't like it (you may have some history I am not privy to) and it is what it is.

Guys, this is the largest thread in TTD and is focused mostly on personal table tennis - I guess it has to embody some other kinds of TTD interaction as well. But let's figure out how to move on from just discussing things that could be done in one-on-one emails on this thread. Feel free to open threads on other issues on other parts of the forum.
honestly,
I thought it was Dan, as it wasn't Carl's style to act like that
but I check signing in time of Dan and knew it was Carl and I was disappointed by his action to remove even the 2 links that are deemed safe. I can't see what else has been removed, but that is all history.

Thanks for checking up with Carl though!

This is probably my first grief with Carl.
And I know its not his fault he can't put more hours into TTD. With his disappearance as a poster, he is still number 1 leader post by far and you still need some time to catch up to him!

well, I see this at chit chat.
Maybe a bit too much info for many forum members to read (since TTD's problem is exposed), but yeah, Carl is the last man standing and trolls would obviously abuse the situation when reading (if they haven't already)

I'm done with the discussion. So won't take up any more space in this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
as I said, you need to speak out first. that how you did it, that was your own rules.
at the moment, i don't even care if the thread is totally removed or unblocked.

I can understand the reason of locking, but as I said, there was no communication.

Shine is known to be a trouble maker for a while.
blahness probably had some emotional fit

I'm one of the more active posters here, so it is no surprise one of my many posts will eventually trigger something from more sensitive people.

Shine has a problem with me for a while already. He won't stop challenging me, because he thinks i'm a fraud and nothing I said is true. I mean, what else more must I prove? its not like he is making any evidence of things he says behind his fake name.

blahness, i'm not sure what his grief is, but he is a loose cannon for sure.
Tony there are quite a few other very active posters on here, and most of us have remained so because we have ways to get along with most others. You're the only one involved in flame wars so often, including with other very active posters, for a reason and you should reflect on that a bit instead of just blaming everyone else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Tony there are quite a few other very active posters on here, and most of us have remained so because we have ways to get along with most others. You're the only one involved in flame wars so often, including with other very active posters, for a reason and you should reflect on that a bit instead of just blaming everyone else.
Come on, without flame wars, moderators wouldn't have jobs! But seriously, I understand what Tony means as a very active and sometimes contentious poster. One reason I would cut Tony huge slack is that he is not doing it anonymously and that raises his difficulty bar significantly. Being active and public does require a certain kind of personality so it isn't easy and such personalities being sometimes contentious is just life. The internet remembers things you said or did. Personal associations can be found and your reputation brought into question by even the most innocent actions. Or even notorious actions that most people would never notice if you weren't someone they just happened to know on the internet. It's a cost benefit thing, but based on my experiences, nothing Tony is doing or experiencing is special, but of course, we all respond to moderation a little differently.