Long pips vs spaghetti-string tennis racket.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Most long pip players fall into these three categories:
1, the people who are less athletic.
2, people who have no talent or insight
3, the people who find it really fun😗

People who says pips require zero skill are just butthurt because they lost against someone lower rated.
Long pips especially have a high skill ceiling, that requires a unique skillset.

As Tony said:
The advantage comes from not knowing in the beginning how the long pips react, after that is gone. Long pips show their weakness.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
So the governing organization of a sport banned strange equipment because it gives an unfair advantage to unathletic players??? Hmmm wonder why they did that? Maybe because it takes away from the game and gives players who are not athletic to be competitive. No different than LP.......

Sure it may take some time to adjust strokes and timing but it doesn't require the same athletism, skill, stamina, power, speed etc that normal equipment requires to play at top levels.
Stop complaining and practice. Pimple rubbers have been a thing for far longer than inverted. It's not unfair advantage, pips have a bunch of disadvantages, people are just lazy and don't want to do the work to learn how to play against them. Stop crying like a baby and practice. Or you can keep complaining like my 10yo cousin.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Stop complaining and practice. Pimple rubbers have been a thing for far longer than inverted. It's not unfair advantage, pips have a bunch of disadvantages, people are just lazy and don't want to do the work to learn how to play against them. Stop crying like a baby and practice. Or you can keep complaining like my 10yo cousin.
So you're saying it's ok for a baseball pitcher to use something to give him an unfair advantage? Why can't he just put some vaseline on his fingers to make the ball move in a weird path? You can say the batters need to work on hitting pitches that curve like a whiffle ball.

Stop trying to justify that it's corrupting the sport just because you can't beat other people with normal rubber.

Reactions: Kopp
This user has no status.
LP is very difficult to master (TB thinks its easy, going to be a long wait until he starts to use them)
The disadvantage of LP outweighs the advantage. Same for me as CP vs Shakehand

The biggest advantage for LP is opponent unfamiliarity.
The moment that advantage is gone, the threat level decreases many folds.

If LP or Anti is so "GREAT", then where are these champion players?
No, the biggest advantage of LP/anti is serve receive. A lot of pips players don't have strong enough FH serves and loopkills because they over-rely on the pips unfamiliarity.

So the way to win as a pips player is - your serves give the opponent huge trouble and you're consistently FH 3rd ball killing them, whereas on the receive you're using LPs to stay immune and still look for FH loopkill opportunities actively.

Basically a pips player needs to have a huge attacking FH and serves to take advantage of the serve receive asymmetry win, but for some reason (due to laziness or whatever) their FH serves and attacks all sucks bad relative to their level.

So far, Akula is the closest to playing this style, she has the FH loopkill, but ngl her serve sucks (relative to her level as as a pro player) so she doesn't really benefit from the serve receive advantage to the full extent.

Ito has the serves but her FH is not a loopkill - just an unreliable smash. This is what limited her career significantly.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
So you're saying it's ok for a baseball pitcher to use something to give him an unfair advantage?
This isn't a primitive sport like baseball for gorillas like you, it's table tennis.

Why can't he just put some vaseline on his fingers to make the ball move in a weird path? You can say the batters need to work on hitting pitches that curve like a whiffle ball.
Using a different rubber is not an unfair advantage or the same would be said for tacky rubbers that make the ball literally stick to them.

What is an unfair advantage is boosting, and that's chemical treatment of standardised equipment.

Even using sweat on the ball is illegal and the player abusing it can be penalised.

Stop trying to justify that it's corrupting the sport just because you can't beat other people with normal rubber.
I'm a two winged attacker, Viscaria and Tenergy, click the arrow and use your damn eyes.

Never had an issue against pimples, they have a ton of weaknesses we can use against them.

Learn to play the game and stop complaining, or go play tennis. The lack of variation there is exactly what you want.

Nothing is corrupting the sport other than toxic waste like YOU saying that just because YOU don't like something and is giving you trouble, it should be banned. We banned voc and boosters, types of rubbers can and have been countered.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
This isn't a primitive sport like baseball for gorillas like you, it's table tennis.

Using a different rubber is not an unfair advantage or the same would be said for tacky rubbers that make the ball literally stick to them.

What is an unfair advantage is boosting, and that's chemical treatment of standardised equipment.

Even using sweat on the ball is illegal and the player abusing it can be penalised.

I'm a two winged attacker, Viscaria and Tenergy, click the arrow and use your damn eyes.

Never had an issue against pimples, they have a ton of weaknesses we can use against them.

Learn to play the game and stop complaining, or go play tennis. The lack of variation there is exactly what you want.

Nothing is corrupting the sport other than toxic waste like YOU saying that just because YOU don't like something and is giving you trouble, it should be banned. We banned voc and boosters, types of rubbers can and have been countered.
Good for you. I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm telling everybody that it's corrupting the game. LP is only effective if they're playing inverted. It's completely useless if they play each other. Which is why they should create a separate category for players that want to use LP.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Good for you. I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm telling everybody that it's corrupting the game. LP is only effective if they're playing inverted. It's completely useless if they play each other. Which is why they should create a separate category for players that want to use LP.
Now you're just stupid, lp is part of the game. If they should have their own category then so should tacky rubbers, hybrids, antis and tensors.

And no, you're not entitled to an opinion if that opinion is stupid and the basis for it is unnecessary change that will make the sport have less variety and be less fun.

By that logic why don't we also separate right handed players and left handed players? Maybe even separate players why the length of their hair?

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
In recent World Team Ch. WR#1 Sun Yingsha was beaten by WR#155 Ayhika Mukherjee. WR#2 Wang Yidi was also beaten by WR#49 Sreeja Akula.

There were more upsets by lower ranked players in other events, many of them were using pips or anti.

The question, is it worthwhile for top professionals to dedicate training time specifically to counter these styles, given they encounter them infrequently?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
In recent World Team Ch. WR#1 Sun Yingsha was beaten by WR#155 Ayhika Mukherjee. WR#2 Wang Yidi was also beaten by WR#49 Sreeja Akula.

There were more upsets by lower ranked players in other events, many of them were using pips or anti.

The question, is it worthwhile for top professionals to dedicate training time specifically to counter these styles, given they encounter them infrequently?
exactly. LP only works asymmetrically because it is so infrequent

Nov 2022
exactly. LP only works asymmetrically because it is so infrequent
It's almost like two different sports e.g. cricket & baseball, rugby & american football, netball & basketball etc.

So how about separating them to ping pong & table tennis? 😂 One includes special equipments like LP, anti and the like, the latter standard equipments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
OK, the real ban should have been sponged up rubber back in the late 50s. THAT is what began the technology that has plagued the sport. Hardbat contest were tactical and athletic and creative. Sponge came along and opened the door to all the types of madness we now face. Don't get me wrong - I love the counter looping top spinning rallies and all the variations of the game - makes it challenging. But let's not blame the recent tech for the challenges of that. The villain is sponged, boosted rubber, not long pips, anti, etc.

I also think the spaghetti racket was more akin to boosted inverted with the excessive spin it could produce, not long pips. Tennis decided the excessive spin was a detriment to the game, unlike table tennis that allowed the spin game to flourish.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
No, the biggest advantage of LP/anti is serve receive. A lot of pips players don't have strong enough FH serves and loopkills because they over-rely on the pips unfamiliarity.
talking about top players in the world - who doesn't have strong serve receive?
Ito has the serves but her FH is not a loopkill - just an unreliable smash. This is what limited her career significantly.
are you comparing someone who has no ranking or titles with Mima Ito and how the players in comparison career has been limited?
at least need to provide proper career benchmarks to be comparing.

As one Chinese coach said - one win doesn't mean anything. If it was 5 to 10 win against top 20 players, then it is a
threat for CNT.

As I said, where is the world champion if such rubbers are so GREAT

Last edited:
Reactions: matzreenzi and Kopp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

so
let me change the question
how many world titles or wtt feeders/contenders etc has these players won?

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
This is world we live in now, people unable to address their own shortcomings, so look to blame externally instead of improving themselves.

“A clever person takes notice of everything; a stupid one makes a comment about everything” -Heinrich Heine

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is world we live in now, people unable to address their own shortcomings, so look to blame externally instead of improving themselves.

“A clever person takes notice of everything; a stupid one makes a comment about everything” -Heinrich Heine
I agree
it is always someone elses fault.

1711870054464.jpeg

Most mom's/parents will have a 1 on 1 meeting with the headcoach, the varsity president and very high chance of Transfer Schools/clubs lol.
Mama Jordan told him to hit the gym

Reactions: matzreenzi and ZFT
This user has no status.
talking about top players in the world - who doesn't have strong serve receive?

are you comparing someone who has no ranking or titles with Mima Ito and how the players in comparison career has been limited?
at least need to provide proper career benchmarks to be comparing.

As one Chinese coach said - one win doesn't mean anything. If it was 5 to 10 win against top 20 players, then it is a
threat for CNT.

As I said, where is the world champion if such rubbers are so GREAT
I don't think you really understood my point lol....

This user has no status.
well, i see you trying to teach me about lp, but has nothing to do with my comment
so, yeah, i don't see your point
So you disagree that pips are less sensitive to spin and therefore are much better in serve receive especially against short serves?