Screwed by AliExpress.... again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
So this is the 2nd time I lost something. That's why the title is screwed by Aliex... again.
Maybe it's the shipper at fault instead of Aliexpress. I've ordered about 30 times from Ali and haven't had a problem except for once where customs held the item (was a coffee grinder IIRC). With that situation they also marked it as delivered but I opened a dispute with the seller and was refunded.

Reactions: Crillo and kindof99
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I think the shipping time varies a lot depending on the vendors.
not as much as it used to, because many items are now shipped out of a Aliexpress run warehouse, the sellers never even see the merchandise.
That can be quite embarrassing when we start asking some question about some item and we have to deduct from the sellers answers that he/she knows more about ladies shoes than table tennis equipment.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I've also ordered many times from AliExpress and had no issues except for long delivery times when ordering glues or boosters (these are shipped by rail https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongqing–Xinjiang–Europe_railway). Tracking always worked but what I noticed a couple of month ago was that the shipping address had changed and their new system for changing it did not let me enter the correct one until recently.
Another issue in recent years are the local carriers over here... some get it right but some especially subcontractors don't even attempt to deliver a parcel they just claim that they delivered it and one has to pick it up from one of the carrier's shops.

• Wow
Reactions: lodro and kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
its Ali's SOP process
asking for photographic evidence on a non delivery is a bit.... crazy

i would ask for proof of delivery as a counter measure
I could ask for proof of delivery but all they do is drop it off in a mailbox and run. Nobody is going to ask for a signature on a $15 item.

btw there's no way it can get stolen out of my box because I have a locked box.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023

You can take a picture of nothing and write "this is the box I received"
the first time i didnt receive my item i was pissed and did this. what was i supposed to take a picture of? The sketch ass delivery company they used kept insisting it was delivered, but thats not what the camera showed. I feel like some of these delivery companies have figured out they can basically just steal cheap items, because who's gonna take the time to fight over a 14 dollar item? What do I do? litigate? (lol) when they keep insisting their driver dropped it off and it was stolen?
Two times, though, I got my "delivered" item, after a fight, when it magically appeared in the shippers system after a week or so. Sometimes I wonder if I hadnt raised hell, where those packages would have ended up.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
the first time i didnt receive my item i was pissed and did this. what was i supposed to take a picture of? The sketch ass delivery company they used kept insisting it was delivered, but thats not what the camera showed. I feel like some of these delivery companies have figured out they can basically just steal cheap items, because who's gonna take the time to fight over a 14 dollar item? What do I do? litigate? (lol) when they keep insisting their driver dropped it off and it was stolen?
Two times, though, I got my "delivered" item, after a fight, when it magically appeared in the shippers system after a week or so. Sometimes I wonder if I hadnt raised hell, where those packages would have ended up.
That's actually the reason why I buy pretty much everything on Amazon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
So you've had the same experience!

I'm just wondering if the shipper has a deal with the delivery company to mark as delivered just so they can keep the money. They just fake a delivery with fake tracking numbers.

Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
So you've had the same experience!

I'm just wondering if the shipper has a deal with the delivery company to mark as delivered just so they can keep the money. They just fake a delivery with fake tracking numbers.
I guess you get the responsibility of the goods as soon as you collect them from the shipper. Delivery company has the interest in marking goods as delivered so that now responsibility is on the recipient. Honestly I don't like this approach and I would enforce by law that the delivery guy collects a proof from the recipient of the goods.

Reactions: rbtitco
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Honestly I don't like this approach and I would enforce by law that the delivery guy collects a proof from the recipient of the goods.
This options does of course exist, it is called "signature required" 😂
Even though I do live in a provincial town of a 3rd world country I have observed that some couriers now make a quick photo with their mobile, of the parcel, once they have put it in a mail box or deposited the goods on the doormat etc.
Others have a small 7" tablet and fiddle with it and before you have time to make a cup of tea the goods are marked as delivered on the Ali website.
Again other couriers asked me if they could attach a tiny aluminum strip containing a barcode on my letterbox and the courier takes a "swipe" when delivering.

All this and more will never of course prevent the fact that:
SHIT HAPPENS and sometimes it happens more than once 🤣

This user has no status.
This options does of course exist, it is called "signature required" 😂
Even though I do live in a provincial town of a 3rd world country I have observed that some couriers now make a quick photo with their mobile, of the parcel, once they have put it in a mail box or deposited the goods on the doormat etc.
Others have a small 7" tablet and fiddle with it and before you have time to make a cup of tea the goods are marked as delivered on the Ali website.
Again other couriers asked me if they could attach a tiny aluminum strip containing a barcode on my letterbox and the courier takes a "swipe" when delivering.

All this and more will never of course prevent the fact that:
SHIT HAPPENS and sometimes it happens more than once 🤣
I know the signature required option, but that looks extreme solution. I'm a software engineer and I reason more on technology. In my mind I was thinking of a locker that can be open by remote or by unlocking one-time code provided to the delivery company. Once the storage is locked again it can read RFIDs from the box placed inside then release a proof in the form of a QR code. The QR code may "encode" (I'm talking in terms of digital signature) the ID from the RFID, a pic of the package inside the storage and a timestamp. This is pretty much legally equivalent to "signature required" type of delivery. Honestly, I would do the last mile and have the locker connected to the internet and actually deliver the proof to the shipper for doing the marking and to the recipient to alert what was just shipped in the locker. That's not cheap, but having a locker like this in every street could actually solve the issue of both proof of shipment and the issue of recipient unavailable at a sustainable cost.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I know the signature required option, but that looks extreme solution. I'm a software engineer and I reason more on technology. In my mind I was thinking of a locker that can be open by remote or by unlocking one-time code provided to the delivery company. Once the storage is locked again it can read RFIDs from the box placed inside then release a proof in the form of a QR code. The QR code may "encode" (I'm talking in terms of digital signature) the ID from the RFID, a pic of the package inside the storage and a timestamp. This is pretty much legally equivalent to "signature required" type of delivery. Honestly, I would do the last mile and have the locker connected to the internet and actually deliver the proof to the shipper for doing the marking and to the recipient to alert what was just shipped in the locker. That's not cheap, but having a locker like this in every street could actually solve the issue of both proof of shipment and the issue of recipient unavailable at a sustainable cost.
would your clever box also feature x-ray function to reveal the contents in the box. I mean, I would hate to confirm receive of the goods when all that was inside the parcel was a brick instead of 12 expensive butterfly blades.
😂 😂 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
would your clever box also feature x-ray function to reveal the contents in the box. I mean, I would hate to confirm receive of the goods when all that was inside the parcel was a brick instead of 12 expensive butterfly blades.
😂 😂 😂
I have seen boxes with sensors that tell you when something is deposited. Not X-ray but a motion sensor.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
😂 😂 😂
People already do unboxing video to document scam like this. All the cleaver box confirms is that you received a parcel and adds the pic of the exterior. No legal assumption is made on the content of it. I actually encourage to make a video especially with AliExpress. It's known that blades can crack during the shipment. They may argue that blade was well protected and couldn't break.