Alternative to Gewo Hype XT Pro 50

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

After you listed all those rubbers, I just realised how many rubbers our country doesn't have available locally (at normal price). We only have the MXP, V15 and Bluestorm, (Nittaku is a figment of my country's imagination).

Well those 3 are really excellent choices. MXP is really so popular, almost everybody I meet falls in love with that rubber.

V15 is really good, I really don't notice any difference between MXP.

A bunch of my friends use Bluestorm too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Well those 3 are really excellent choices. MXP is really so popular, almost everybody I meet falls in love with that rubber.

V15 is really good, I really don't notice any difference between MXP.

A bunch of my friends use Bluestorm too.

What's the durability of these 2 (excluding MX-P), compared to Tenergy's. My whole group uses butterfly rubbers on at least one side and they last a while. 5-6 days a week training for 3 hours (not including competition). They usually replace every 3-4 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

Don't you have access to TTNPP?

First time hearing about TTNPP, they have mostly everything except the hammond and R48. So it's between V15, Bluestorm, Dynaryz, T05 as I've had my previous MX-P die on me very quickly. Non-boost MX-P felt terrible. Right now I'm leading more towards T05 as my club owns a butterfly shop or V15 as it looks like a good alternative to T05 as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

May I ask why? Dignics and Tenergy in my club sells for under $80 USD (they have a discount). I don't think there are any rubbers that sell more than those two.

Can you buy from TT11's 3 for 4 deal? If so they have a number of good fast rubbers. MXP, R47/R48, Bluestorm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Sure, I get you. You could also try 1 of each of those rubbers. But you probably want a permanent setup.

Honestly I'm probably getting a T05, I've borrowed someone's racket with D05/T05 on Viscaria. I practiced with short pushes, punch, topspin, looping. They all went very deep for me or short for the pushes. If the feeling of playing with it feels the same as the ESN rubbers I've used in the past. Then I'd probably sidegrade and get the newer ESN rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Honestly I'm probably getting a T05, I've borrowed someone's racket with D05/T05 on Viscaria. I practiced with short pushes, punch, topspin, looping. They all went very deep for me or short for the pushes. If the feeling of playing with it feels the same as the ESN rubbers I've used in the past. Then I'd probably sidegrade and get the newer ESN rubbers.

Ok, well obviously T05 is a great rubber.

Do you know how the Butterfly rubbers' speed compares to fast ESN rubbers?

PaddlePalace seems to list Dignics 05 speed as lower than MXP and Bluestorm and Rasanter. Are BTY rubbers actually slower?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Ok, well obviously T05 is a great rubber.

Do you know how the Butterfly rubbers' speed compares to fast ESN rubbers?

PaddlePalace seems to list Dignics 05 speed as lower than MXP and Bluestorm and Rasanter. Are BTY rubbers actually slower?

Yep. D05 is also like a 50 degree rubber. It's got similar power but compared to 48 degree variants of ESN. It's faster on all accounts except for away from the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

In light of the discounts, I'm gonna order a v15 and see how it goes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
After playing with V15 Extra for a month, I can say that it's plenty fast. Now my problem is the lack of a catapult effect from it. It also drops into the net too often for me. On forehand it's probably a great rubber but on backhand, I'm gonna need more give. It also ends up slipping sometimes, it's an odd feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robin0910