How do you remove the glue from sponge the best?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
do you use high priced tt glue when using your rubbers?
or tearmender etc?
Tearmender for everything, posters in Europe say Copydex is about the same as Tearmender - general purpose latex glue made for arts and crafts not marketed as "table tennis" glue, so way cheaper.

I have used TM on Tenergy, Rasanter, Stiga DNA, MK, SP/LP and many more. It works just fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Tearmender for everything, posters in Europe say Copydex is about the same as Tearmender - general purpose latex glue made for arts and crafts not marketed as "table tennis" glue, so way cheaper.

I have used TM on Tenergy, Rasanter, Stiga DNA, MK, SP/LP and many more. It works just fine.
ill order some. nice. much cheaper

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
I removed my glue from 2 rubbers and it was a mess and it clearly reduced its quality when using it on new blade.
the glue was hard to remove without small micro tears happening.

Whats the best way to do this? How do you do it?
Last week I stumble upon an instruction vid on YouTube about boosting. Soon I will experience with that.
So the guy had two used rubbers in front of him with the glue still on it.
He applied a thin layer of seamoon booster.
I though … okay is it done like this?
Next scene was that he rolled the old glue very easily of the rubbers with his thumb.

TLDR; thin layer of seamoon over the old glue after drying remove the old glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I've been using liquid latex for years, works great. The stuff sold at places like Party City for makeup effects ($20 for 16oz).

I boost over the old glue and do not add a new layer on top. Then one layer of glue on the blade, let dry and stick. Never had any problems.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Last week I stumble upon an instruction vid on YouTube about boosting. Soon I will experience with that.
So the guy had two used rubbers in front of him with the glue still on it.
He applied a thin layer of seamoon booster.
I though … okay is it done like this?
Next scene was that he rolled the old glue very easily of the rubbers with his thumb.

TLDR; thin layer of seamoon over the old glue after drying remove the old glue.
It completely depends what kind of sponge we are talking about. Hard dense sponges like H3 are never a problem but some butterfly sponges like on rozena are just about ripped to bits when trying to remove glue.