SANWEI new type all wood blade — Echo and Parla

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
My coach uses an old Bfly Power 7 and it has amazing stability and control. Feeling is great and crispy thanks to Koto. I wanted something like that from a trusted reseller. I used spinfactory.de in the past and I had positive feedback for them. If they have a Sanwei solution for Koto blade, I would go for that 100%

Alright I understand loyalty to certain brands and retailers. And I'm hoping there's a Sanwei version of the Yinhe U2 as well.

If you want a recommendation for a trusted seller on Aliexpress I'd go with BEO Store. I've ordered from them before with no issues. They are higher rated than other sellers and probably sell more volume than any western TT reseller, so they have no incentive to carry fake goods.

If you don't want to buy Chinese, however, then that's a separate issue.

This user has no status.
If you don't want to buy Chinese, however, then that's a separate issue.
No absolutely. I actually work for a chinese corporate so chinese folks and companies have all my sympathy :D My opinion about AliExpress in general is biased because fakes are or used to be widespread on their platform, it could have been Amazon and made no difference (I actually don't buy TT equipment on Amazon as well). But let's close the OT here. I'm very sorry with @Andrea Jiang because we ended up talking about other products in a Sanwei promotional thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Andrea Jiang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
No absolutely. I actually work for a chinese corporate so chinese folks and companies have all my sympathy :D My opinion about AliExpress in general is biased because fakes are or used to be widespread on their platform, it could have been Amazon and made no difference (I actually don't buy TT equipment on Amazon as well). But let's close the OT here. I'm very sorry with @Andrea Jiang because we ended up talking about other products in a Sanwei promotional thread.
Same here, let's get back to talking about Sanwei. Hoping we get lucky and a Koto outer 7 ply is the 3rd blade in the Trio series. 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: Andrea Jiang
This user has no status.
Same here, let's get back to talking about Sanwei. Hoping we get lucky and a Koto outer 7 ply is the 3rd blade in the Trio series. 🙏

It doesn't matter, we all know that ttd is a forum that respects freedom of speech (y) . In fact, we don't have similar products, our designer said that Parla has a similar feel. In any case, we are here to better receive your feedback, which will allow us to do better in subsequent blade development.🙈

Reactions: Trevize84
This user has no status.
Nobody is selling fake Yinhe U2s since they retail for like $25 anyway. Yinhe U2 from a big Aliexpress seller I'd trust nearly 100%. Some sellers clearly have direct relationships with the manufacturer. Just pick one up.

I might just get one myself just to see if I like the feel of Koto outer. ~6.0mm 7 ply seems like the sweet spot for a great blade for development.
Yinhe Uranus U2 is one of the best go-to test/reference blades I know. I got multiple pieces of them, and there were no significant differences among them, each had a mid Off- speed rating with a good feeling and predictable dynamics (also similar to Xiom Solo in that respect, that the top ply indeed has some thickness, so it is less prone to splintering, and with this, the feeling is different compared to paper thin outer ply blades, like DHS Power G9, which is bouncier).
Once Sanwei had the blade V5 Pro, which can be similar, but with some differences (more total thickness, thinner top ply - but from a harder, denser wood called White Ash).
I have seen Sanwei having access to a wood called Beech (available as top ply on the blade Shrafton) - a wood somewhat harder and stiffer than Koto. It would be also interesting to see an all-wood blade featuring this wood (in a configuration like Beech top ply - Ayous - Spruce - Ayous core).

This user has no status.
Yinhe Uranus U2 is one of the best go-to test/reference blades I know. I got multiple pieces of them, and there were no significant differences among them, each had a mid Off- speed rating with a good feeling and predictable dynamics (also similar to Xiom Solo in that respect, that the top ply indeed has some thickness, so it is less prone to splintering, and with this, the feeling is different compared to paper thin outer ply blades, like DHS Power G9, which is bouncier).
Once Sanwei had the blade V5 Pro, which can be similar, but with some differences (more total thickness, thinner top ply - but from a harder, denser wood called White Ash).
Yes, beech is known to be a much harder wood than koto, which provides greater bounce when the ball hits the blade for the first time.

But it is not used to make control blades because of its short ball-holding time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hello everyone, how are you?🙋‍♂

We have published a new series — the View attachment 24788 series. There are two models in this series at present, View attachment 24783 and View attachment 24784 . 👉 Click to get more info!

As you can see, the two blades of Echo and Parla both focus on excellent control performance, made of high-quality limba and Ayous.

View attachment 24785 View attachment 24786

View attachment 24783 We aim to create a chic Limba surface that offers impeccable control, 🏓 while the 5 Ply all wood structure enhances the transfer of power. The 3.5mm-3.8mm Ayous wood core of the sweet spot lends it the capacity to deliver a lethal blow. The all wood table tennis blade provides perfect power feedback and reduces energy loss during transmission when delivering a lethal strike using your forehand or backhand. Overall, this is a control-oriented sweet spot that’s ideal for pushing and spin techniques. If you’re an advanced player with a control style, we assure you that the Echo is the optimal choice.🤩

View attachment 24784 maintains excellent control and directionality as a seven-ply all-wood blade. Its even 7 -layer construction, combined with a properly thick Ayous core, gives it unparalleled balance and stability.🏓 The Parla is a product that prioritizes stability and balance. While ensuring that the thickness of the large core doesn't compromise its power, we have carefully balanced the thickness of each layer to ensure a more even transfer of force. This results in a softer feel and high-quality looping for players, allowing them to defeat their opponents with perfectly curved shots while maintaining stability.😏
In summary, we aim for the Parla to be a product with a high ceiling, offering players the potential for exceptional performance.🤩

Welcome everyone to follow our official:

🔵Facebook 🔴Instagram 🔷Twitter 💠Website 🔺
Youtube
Hello,
Can you tell us what is the head size (dimension) of these blades?

This user has no status.
Given the blade dimensions, I'm pretty sure they will be balanced toward the handle regardless the weight of the rubbers.
Yes, you are right. (y)
The Echo丝印.pngand Parla 丝印.png, they don't have the unique center of gravity of the Foster PBO, like most blades on the market, their center of gravity is the front part of the handle.
The reason why this is not done is because these two models are traditional pure wood blades, which are aimed at players who like the control of traditional style of play. So a slightly conservative, old-school barycenter design might make them popular.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
@Andrea Jiang

Yes, you are right. (y)
The View attachment 26356and View attachment 26357, they don't have the unique center of gravity of the Foster PBO, like most blades on the market, their center of gravity is the front part of the handle.
The reason why this is not done is because these two models are traditional pure wood blades, which are aimed at players who like the control of traditional style of play. So a slightly conservative, old-school barycenter design might make them popular.
Which of one of these blades has the lowest balance: Echo, Parla, Fextra One?

This user has no status.
@Andrea Jiang

Which of one of these blades has the lowest balance: Echo, Parla, Fextra One?
Hello dear friend,

Glad to reply to your question, I have seen it before and then I asked our designers.;)

They told me it is very hard to say because all three blades are balanced blades.

If we compare the three of them together, Parla is the most balanced blade. The material wood is not hard, and the 7-ply structural design of unequal thickness ensures its attack. 🤔

Echo is more focused on control and defense, with a 5-ply unequal thickness structure and a thickened large holes‘ Ayous core to ensure that it slows down the transmission of force when it is stressed. For players with more defensive control, this will allow you to clearly feel the changes in the ball without causing too much vibration.😁

Fextra One is a more offensive control blade🏓, Limba- limba- Ayous- Ayous equal-thickness structure and the use of dense wood, could make full transmission of power.

Hope this information will help you.

Reactions: TackyForehand
This user has no status.
Where can the parla and echo be purchased in the US?
Good morning dear friend,

I think they will be launched in the US by megaspin, because megaspin is our official distributor in the US. You could also try to buy 无标题.pngParla 丝印.pngEcho丝印.pngon our official website, we have specially optimized the shipping cost to the US on our website.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
This user has no status.
Hello, my friend,

I noticed your profile picture, a Garchomp, and the Choice Scarf is the finishing touch! I also do it in Pokemon😏 .

And for your question dear, of course, you could see ST types of pictures on our official web, ins, Fb, and Twitter.

Please see the picture below.👇

View attachment 24792 View attachment 24793
Hello. I used to have old Sanwei Fextra 7 with ST handle (the black and pinkish red handle). Is parla handle exactly the same in size as sanwei fextra? Or is it different? Can I get size/dimensions please?

and how does V5 pro compare to Parla?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hello. I used to have old Sanwei Fextra 7 with ST handle (the black and pinkish red handle). Is parla handle exactly the same in size as sanwei fextra? Or is it different? Can I get size/dimensions please?

and how does V5 pro compare to Parla?
Hello dear,

Please allow me to answer your second question first:

How does V5 pro compare to Parla?

The structure of V5 Pro is Ash- Ayous- Basswood- Kiri core
The structure of Parla is limba- Ayous -Ayous-Ayous core

Parla is designed to make more effective spin and looping, the seven-layer Unequal thickness structure makes it more offensive.
V5 Pro is designed for
rapid strikes, we chose the low-density and lightweight material specially, making it easy for the user to strike the attack they want.