Transfering rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Hi all,

I want to experiment different rubbers.

My planned approach is to have 2 copies of the same blade. One with my day to day setup. The other to use experiment rubber.
Once I reach conclusion of which rubber I prefer, I move it to my main blade.

My question is, is it OK/safe transfer rubber and if so, what's the proper way to do it?
I plan to remove the rubber from blade, remove the glue layer, and glue again as if it's new. I am using butterfly Chack free II glue. Any concerns with this approach?

Thanks!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
exactly what i do. (but i use revo3 glue)
Make sure that the blades are lacquered properly and that you pull the old rubber off side-wise not
lengthwise.
Another typ : leave 4 -5 mm of overhang on the new rubber. Sometimes we can feel immediately that the new rubber is not going to work for us and then it will be easier to fit it on some other blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
My planned approach is to have 2 copies of the same blade.

That is what I do too. I have 2 Dr Neubauer Firewall+ for block pushing. I have two Samsonov Alphas and a TBS and TB ALC that are the same size so I can transfer rubbers between the Butterfly paddles . The TBS and TB ALC are almost the same.

Usually I try new rubbers on the Firewall Plus blades because their bladess are the biggest. If they don't work there transfer them to my TBS and TB ALC since their blades are a little smaller. Finally any rubber that doesn't work on the TBS or TB ALC gets transfered to my Samsonov Alphas. The Samsonov Alphas have a very small . The Samsonov Alphas are 5 ply all wood and their smaller size makes the setups light enough for close play to the table and they loop well too.

Also, it seems that everyone wants a rubber that will make/let them play better. My attitude is MUCH different. I try to adapt to the the rubber and blade. People are adaptable, equipment is not.

I have other paddles/rubbers but not pairs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Also, it seems that everyone wants a rubber that will make/let them play better. My attitude is MUCH different. I try to adapt to the the rubber and blade. People are adaptable, equipment is not.
Yeah, that's probably the attitude.
But I am also curious what rubber is best for my style + skill level, I hope to do some exp and then focus on training. (EJ's heart might reignite very soon...)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
One of the hardest parts of TT is being able to adapt. Adapting to rubbers is easy because you have time and you aren't under pressure. Adapting to opponents must be done quickly before you lose more than one game.
Learn to adapt.
Darwin made a quote about "survival of the fittest". One can also say survival of the most adaptable.