Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The thread does not need to be unlocked forever.

If there are links on it you want to stay live, PM me and I can make that happen.

The reason for locking is for people to calm down. So, in a week or so, it would be fine to unlock. If Dan decides to unlock, I am fine with that.

If it is unlocked now and it goes back to personal attacks from more than one side, would you think it should still stay live?
as I said, you need to speak out first. that how you did it, that was your own rules.
at the moment, i don't even care if the thread is totally removed or unblocked.

Again, the locking is to calm things down. Not about any single person. But it was not the first flame war in the past few days between you and someone.
I can understand the reason of locking, but as I said, there was no communication.

Shine is known to be a trouble maker for a while.
blahness probably had some emotional fit

I'm one of the more active posters here, so it is no surprise one of my many posts will eventually trigger something from more sensitive people.

Shine has a problem with me for a while already. He won't stop challenging me, because he thinks i'm a fraud and nothing I said is true. I mean, what else more must I prove? its not like he is making any evidence of things he says behind his fake name.

blahness, i'm not sure what his grief is, but he is a loose cannon for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You are right. I am not the same. I am much more busy. My kid who only has one parent....more important than the internet....my parent who has cancer....more important. I really just don't have time.

If you felt insulted by me just doing something that it seemed to me needed to be done. Sorry. But it had nothing to do with you. I did leave the content that gave you the information you were asking for.

I just pulled out the political stuff that could cause people to respond in a radicalized way.

It might be worth thinking about how often you do get into flame wars with people though. How does that happen so frequently.

But a question, if you did not ask anyone to contact me, does that mean you were simply complaining about the issue without contacting me? All you have to do is reach out to me.

But it is true, I don't need to be on here. Thanks.
Thanks, Carl.

One of the things that is underappreciated about moderation is how thankless it is.

When I originally saw Tony's post, I just assumed that you were too busy to even deal with it and it wasn't you. And as a moderator at mytt, my own approach and feeling has always been that unless you are a maliciously bad actor (like our notorious troll), you can always ask a moderator and get a quick explanation, which may not satisfy you but it is what it is. What you are posting here is something that could have been explained in direct conversation with Tony, but for whatever reason, Tony has said he wasn't interested in it and he would rather take it up with Dan. But in any case, what you did was reasonable, Tony didn't like it (you may have some history I am not privy to) and it is what it is.

Guys, this is the largest thread in TTD and is focused mostly on personal table tennis - I guess it has to embody some other kinds of TTD interaction as well. But let's figure out how to move on from just discussing things that could be done in one-on-one emails on this thread. Feel free to open threads on other issues on other parts of the forum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks, Carl.

One of the things that is underappreciated about moderation is how thankless it is.

When I originally saw Tony's post, I just assumed that you were too busy to even deal with it and it wasn't you. And as a moderator at mytt, my own approach and feeling has always been that unless you are a maliciously bad actor (like our notorious troll), you can always ask a moderator and get a quick explanation, which may not satisfy you but it is what it is. What you are posting here is something that could have been explained in direct conversation with Tony, but for whatever reason, Tony has said he wasn't interested in it and he would rather take it up with Dan. But in any case, what you did was reasonable, Tony didn't like it (you may have some history I am not privy to) and it is what it is.

Guys, this is the largest thread in TTD and is focused mostly on personal table tennis - I guess it has to embody some other kinds of TTD interaction as well. But let's figure out how to move on from just discussing things that could be done in one-on-one emails on this thread. Feel free to open threads on other issues on other parts of the forum.
honestly,
I thought it was Dan, as it wasn't Carl's style to act like that
but I check signing in time of Dan and knew it was Carl and I was disappointed by his action to remove even the 2 links that are deemed safe. I can't see what else has been removed, but that is all history.

Thanks for checking up with Carl though!

This is probably my first grief with Carl.
And I know its not his fault he can't put more hours into TTD. With his disappearance as a poster, he is still number 1 leader post by far and you still need some time to catch up to him!

well, I see this at chit chat.
Maybe a bit too much info for many forum members to read (since TTD's problem is exposed), but yeah, Carl is the last man standing and trolls would obviously abuse the situation when reading (if they haven't already)

I'm done with the discussion. So won't take up any more space in this thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
as I said, you need to speak out first. that how you did it, that was your own rules.
at the moment, i don't even care if the thread is totally removed or unblocked.

I can understand the reason of locking, but as I said, there was no communication.

Shine is known to be a trouble maker for a while.
blahness probably had some emotional fit

I'm one of the more active posters here, so it is no surprise one of my many posts will eventually trigger something from more sensitive people.

Shine has a problem with me for a while already. He won't stop challenging me, because he thinks i'm a fraud and nothing I said is true. I mean, what else more must I prove? its not like he is making any evidence of things he says behind his fake name.

blahness, i'm not sure what his grief is, but he is a loose cannon for sure.
Tony there are quite a few other very active posters on here, and most of us have remained so because we have ways to get along with most others. You're the only one involved in flame wars so often, including with other very active posters, for a reason and you should reflect on that a bit instead of just blaming everyone else.

Reactions: Wrighty67 and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Tony there are quite a few other very active posters on here, and most of us have remained so because we have ways to get along with most others. You're the only one involved in flame wars so often, including with other very active posters, for a reason and you should reflect on that a bit instead of just blaming everyone else.
Come on, without flame wars, moderators wouldn't have jobs! But seriously, I understand what Tony means as a very active and sometimes contentious poster. One reason I would cut Tony huge slack is that he is not doing it anonymously and that raises his difficulty bar significantly. Being active and public does require a certain kind of personality so it isn't easy and such personalities being sometimes contentious is just life. The internet remembers things you said or did. Personal associations can be found and your reputation brought into question by even the most innocent actions. Or even notorious actions that most people would never notice if you weren't someone they just happened to know on the internet. It's a cost benefit thing, but based on my experiences, nothing Tony is doing or experiencing is special, but of course, we all respond to moderation a little differently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
one last post regarding the emoji's

WTT choose to remove it,
they removed from Philippines and Korea youth contender posts.
fairness in a way, but now, nobody knows who all these players are from (waiting for them to put in the country abbv)

1715877475170.png

of the 8 names from Taiwan (all U15, U17, U19), I know 7 of them in person.
Hung Jing-Kai was the one playing against the chopper I recorded last year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Come on, without flame wars, moderators wouldn't have jobs! But seriously, I understand what Tony means as a very active and sometimes contentious poster. One reason I would cut Tony huge slack is that he is not doing it anonymously and that raises his difficulty bar significantly. Being active and public does require a certain kind of personality so it isn't easy and such personalities being sometimes contentious is just life. The internet remembers things you said or did. Personal associations can be found and your reputation brought into question by even the most innocent actions. Or even notorious actions that most people would never notice if you weren't someone they just happened to know on the internet. It's a cost benefit thing, but based on my experiences, nothing Tony is doing or experiencing is special, but of course, we all respond to moderation a little differently.
Yea personally I don't have an issue with what Tony says, even if I disagree with some of it. It's just I think too many threads lately are being sidetracked, like this one right now.

Also, I want to say that I really appreciate you and @UpSideDownCarl's work as voluntary moderators. Moderation is as you said oftentimes a thankless job, and in my experience it tends to lead one to catching crap from both sides. I think it's important to remember that mods on our boards are TT enthusiasts like the rest of us and not professional judges. I think we can all cut you old farts some slack as well. ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
honestly,
I thought it was Dan, as it wasn't Carl's style to act like that
I just am too busy; I saw something and I did something I thought was as fair as possible in the short time I had.

Tony. Let’s take the rest of this in a PM so we are not disrupting the forum. I will answer when I can.

Just PM me.

As far as I know, there isn’t anyone moderating the forum for the most part. If something is done — spam removal, removing new SJan sock puppets, etc — as far as I know, that is only happening if I look. But I have less and less time.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I am thinking after remembering recent post yesterday - to boost Hurricane or not??

Its a vicious cycle. You get the first taste of sticky rubbers after using nonsticky and you are (no pun intended) hooked.

You try hybrids but there is just something about them that doesnt quite work out. Sometimes they don't last quite as long as you want, some are a bit too soft or a bit too Euro, too expensive etc. you think to yourself, what the heck I'll give Hurricane a shot.

You stick an unboosted Hurricane on and it takes a bit to acclimate to the hard and sticky characteristics, but now you're feeling good, you're landing all your shots with incredible spin and power, and all you need to do is hit hard to overcome the slow speed. You're hitting hard... all the time. Your shoulder starts to feel some way after you play, it doesn't go away. You start to notice in the mirror that your racket arm is starting to grow larger than your non dominant arm, and you get spooked. "What harm would it do to just, try a little bit of boost? Everyone does it"

A month later your bottle of secret magic juice arrives and you gingerly massage it into your beloved yet at the same time estranged Hurricane. You feel something start to awaken in your body as you check the doming. One layer, well how about another cuz we're already this far. You finally mount it on your base blade surface and the sight of the topsheet under tension is a sight to behold... But when you hit with it, everything is different. Its softer, your shots are going out, you have ascended into the next level of Tacky Nirvana but at what cost? You've made it this far so you keep playing and eventually the boost milds out and you are playing out of your mind... but then one day the boost is gone. The rush has died. You boost it again and sooner now the sensational pop has disappeared, eager to chase the feeling you buy another Hurricane, this one harder, you put more boost on.

Months down the road you are left with a pile of Hurricanes. You have to reboost and change your rubber every 2 months because you are boosting every week. Every day the sensation feels a little weaker, a little worse. You wonder where you went wrong. Hybrids don't scratch the same itch and a thought crosses your mind- well what if I went back to Fastarc? Fastarc is easy to play and I don't need to boost it...

And the cycle continues.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Its a vicious cycle. You get the first taste of sticky rubbers after using nonsticky and you are (no pun intended) hooked.

You try hybrids but there is just something about them that doesnt quite work out. Sometimes they don't last quite as long as you want, some are a bit too soft or a bit too Euro, too expensive etc. you think to yourself, what the heck I'll give Hurricane a shot.

You stick an unboosted Hurricane on and it takes a bit to acclimate to the hard and sticky characteristics, but now you're feeling good, you're landing all your shots with incredible spin and power, and all you need to do is hit hard to overcome the slow speed. You're hitting hard... all the time. Your shoulder starts to feel some way after you play, it doesn't go away. You start to notice in the mirror that your racket arm is starting to grow larger than your non dominant arm, and you get spooked. "What harm would it do to just, try a little bit of boost? Everyone does it"

A month later your bottle of secret magic juice arrives and you gingerly massage it into your beloved yet at the same time estranged Hurricane. You feel something start to awaken in your body as you check the doming. One layer, well how about another cuz we're already this far. You finally mount it on your base blade surface and the sight of the topsheet under tension is a sight to behold... But when you hit with it, everything is different. Its softer, your shots are going out, you have ascended into the next level of Tacky Nirvana but at what cost? You've made it this far so you keep playing and eventually the boost milds out and you are playing out of your mind... but then one day the boost is gone. The rush has died. You boost it again and sooner now the sensational pop has disappeared, eager to chase the feeling you buy another Hurricane, this one harder, you put more boost on.

Months down the road you are left with a pile of Hurricanes. You have to reboost and change your rubber every 2 months because you are boosting every week. Every day the sensation feels a little weaker, a little worse. You wonder where you went wrong. Hybrids don't scratch the same itch and a thought crosses your mind- well what if I went back to Fastarc? Fastarc is easy to play and I don't need to boost it...

And the cycle continues.
I was happy until I listened to dingyibvs, latej and you. I will cut off my ears and go back to being happy again :ROFLMAO:.

More seriously, Golden Tango did scratch my itch and I suspect I might try some of those Gewo rubbers that are along the same lines. But right now, I will just stick with Hurricane, and then let my wife enjoy the 50% Popeye 50% scarecrow man looking back at her!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I was happy until I listened to dingyibvs, latej and you. I will cut off my ears and go back to being happy again :ROFLMAO:.

More seriously, Golden Tango did scratch my itch and I suspect I might try some of those Gewo rubbers that are along the same lines. But right now, I will just stick with Hurricane, and then let my wife enjoy the 50% Popeye 50% scarecrow man looking back at her!
Oh, I did try Skyline2 on the MJ SZLC - the problem is that I didn't have a chance to play singles with it. I have a tournament this weekend, but I will be playing with my standard setups, will be interesting to see how that goes...

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

I actually find my heavily boosted H3 a bit too fast. I really just wanted the gears and the softening, so I'm fine with the boost wearing away. Hopefully it happens slowly enough for me to adjust.

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021

And the cycle continues.
Pure poetry.